The launch of your thing can bring a bunch of buzz, eyeballs and potential customers to your business. It can also bring harrowing unnecessary stress. In this episode we share the strategy and story behind our launch a few days ago.
In case you aren’t aware, a couple days ago we merged a very successful blog with a new venture and launched The Sparkline. If you haven’t yet, check out the launch post — it’s got some good stuff in it about the mission and story.
Here’s a short list of some of the things we cover in this episode:
- Why we made this big change, what we wanted to accomplish and what actually happened.
- Some utterly practical advice on what your “brand” can actually do for you.
- How to get a squatted twitter handle.
- How to absolutely screw up and accidentally send about 300k emails to your audience. (We are SO sorry).
- How to NOT fiddle with unnecessary code the night before your launch.
- How to move blog posts from one site to another keeping all comments and publish date stuff in-tact.
- What we’re doing with ThinkTraffic.net from here on… and why.
Push Play: Launch Lessons: How To Launch Your Thing (& How We Did It) (FS029) /
What Do You Think?
Were you around for the launch day festivities? What did you think? Any stories of your own launch or tips to share?