The launch of your thing can bring a bunch of buzz, eyeballs and potential customers to your business. It can also bring harrowing unnecessary stress. In this episode we share the strategy and story behind our launch a few days ago.
In case you aren’t aware, a couple days ago we merged a very successful blog with a new venture and launched The Sparkline. If you haven’t yet, check out the launch post — it’s got some good stuff in it about the mission and story.
Here’s a short list of some of the things we cover in this episode:
- Why we made this big change, what we wanted to accomplish and what actually happened.
- Some utterly practical advice on what your “brand” can actually do for you.
- How to get a squatted twitter handle.
- How to absolutely screw up and accidentally send about 300k emails to your audience. (We are SO sorry).
- How to NOT fiddle with unnecessary code the night before your launch.
- How to move blog posts from one site to another keeping all comments and publish date stuff in-tact.
- What we’re doing with ThinkTraffic.net from here on… and why.
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
What Do You Think?
Were you around for the launch day festivities? What did you think? Any stories of your own launch or tips to share?