The 1 Reason Why Corbett’s Starting A Blog (FS082)
On the show today, something completely new to us: a collection of current events that, remarkably, wove themselves around a common theme.
One of the biggest regrets of those close to dying is this: that they didn’t speak their mind more throughout their lives.
If you’re careful, you’ll hear that thread throughout the stories we bring to you this week. Enjoy!
What Happens When
- 5m: Corbett explains the blog challenge. (Discounted hosting, Fizzle freebie, 7 day email series from Corbett.)
- 10: Why Corbett is starting a personal blog again.
- 12: How Chase uses his personal blog.
- 18: Barrett’s tweetstorm diatribe. (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.)
- 28: How the Uber news impacts your mindset as a self employed blogger/podcaster/knitter/jam-maker/hustler.
- 35: Coca Cola’s problem… it’s not marketing, folks.
- 38: Slack as the email killer… and the ultimate pivot.
- 42: Mailchimp releases a new UX book, gives away profits.
- 46: Corbett’s new favorite nerd belt. “Looks pretty slick too!”
- 49: A tip on charging your phone (hint: it flies) and Barrett’s experience with Apple pay.
- 53: Yik Yak. We have to continue to embrace what we don’t understand.
- 58: One of the biggest regrets of the dying: not speaking your mind. Sharing secrets, personal blogging, etc… a rant from Chase. (“Solidarity,” btw, is the word I was looking for.)
- “Everything falls apart… do it anyways.”
Links & Such
The Blog Challenge — discounted hosting, Fizzle free for 3 months, 7 day email series from Corbett. All free.
Steve Jobs on the Secret — “Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you.”
Hopeful Perspectives 1 Year After My Son’s Birth/Death — The piece I mentioned that took a while to write.
A Better Personal Brand (FS076) — “There’s a lot of bullshit in the world of “personal branding.” There’s also a lot of honest-to-god intentionality, forethought, hard work and perseverance.”
Slack: Be less busy — Check out the video. So good.
Caterina.net — Co-founded Flickr with Stuart Butterfield (founder of Slack). I love the way she thinks about business.
Sandwich Video — Such a good web video maker.
The UX Reader by MailChimp — “This ebook is a collection of the most popular articles from our UX Newsletter, along with some exclusive content.”
XOO Belt by Nifty – A Phone-Charging Belt | Indiegogo — “Looks pretty stylish too!” ~ Old Man Barr
Yik Yak – Ride the Yak — Ride it hard, fast and anonymous.
Whisper your secrets through 26 year-old Michael Heyward’s hot app | This Week In Startups — Great interview for some behind the scenes info about running an app of anonymity.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.