The 1 Reason Why Corbett’s Starting A Blog (FS082)
On the show today, something completely new to us: a collection of current events that, remarkably, wove themselves around a common theme.
One of the biggest regrets of those close to dying is this: that they didn’t speak their mind more throughout their lives.
If you’re careful, you’ll hear that thread throughout the stories we bring to you this week. Enjoy!
What Happens When
- 5m: Corbett explains the blog challenge. (Discounted hosting, Fizzle freebie, 7 day email series from Corbett.)
- 10: Why Corbett is starting a personal blog again.
- 12: How Chase uses his personal blog.
- 18: Barrett’s tweetstorm diatribe. (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.)
- 28: How the Uber news impacts your mindset as a self employed blogger/podcaster/knitter/jam-maker/hustler.
- 35: Coca Cola’s problem… it’s not marketing, folks.
- 38: Slack as the email killer… and the ultimate pivot.
- 42: Mailchimp releases a new UX book, gives away profits.
- 46: Corbett’s new favorite nerd belt. “Looks pretty slick too!”
- 49: A tip on charging your phone (hint: it flies) and Barrett’s experience with Apple pay.
- 53: Yik Yak. We have to continue to embrace what we don’t understand.
- 58: One of the biggest regrets of the dying: not speaking your mind. Sharing secrets, personal blogging, etc… a rant from Chase. (“Solidarity,” btw, is the word I was looking for.)
- “Everything falls apart… do it anyways.”
Links & Such
The Blog Challenge — discounted hosting, Fizzle free for 3 months, 7 day email series from Corbett. All free.
Steve Jobs on the Secret — “Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you.”
Hopeful Perspectives 1 Year After My Son’s Birth/Death — The piece I mentioned that took a while to write.
A Better Personal Brand (FS076) — “There’s a lot of bullshit in the world of “personal branding.” There’s also a lot of honest-to-god intentionality, forethought, hard work and perseverance.”
Slack: Be less busy — Check out the video. So good.
Caterina.net — Co-founded Flickr with Stuart Butterfield (founder of Slack). I love the way she thinks about business.
Sandwich Video — Such a good web video maker.
The UX Reader by MailChimp — “This ebook is a collection of the most popular articles from our UX Newsletter, along with some exclusive content.”
XOO Belt by Nifty – A Phone-Charging Belt | Indiegogo — “Looks pretty stylish too!” ~ Old Man Barr
Yik Yak – Ride the Yak — Ride it hard, fast and anonymous.
Whisper your secrets through 26 year-old Michael Heyward’s hot app | This Week In Startups — Great interview for some behind the scenes info about running an app of anonymity.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.