Introducing Palapa.co – 10 Lessons From 10+ Years Running Online Communities (FS327)
Are you all ready to finally hear about the great online community platform we have been working on for the last few years?
We have been putting together something we are so excited about and you should be too!
Please welcome Palapa.co!
Palapa is our new online community based messaging service, designed to keep you engaged, up to date and building stronger links with the people that matter. This has been a long time coming and we have taken our time to make sure everything was ready before letting this little baby out into the world.
In this episode we break down how the platform works, the inspiration behind it, the special offer we are running for July sign ups and more! We also discuss particulars of online community platforms beyond our own one and think about how to get the most out of these interactions.
We get into the relationships and differences between forums, community and social media. We talk about the kind of offers that can get and keep people engaged, rules and conduct regulation and recognizing contributions from members.
For all of this, make sure to join us on the extra special episode of the Fizzle show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Previous platforms for Fizzle and the reign of Facebook Groups. [0:03:45.5]
- The factors in this domain that eventually resulted in Palapa. [0:06:55.8]
- Instant messaging platforms and the problem of losing track. [0:12:06.1]
- The non-negotiables around paying attention to your community. [0:14:04.5]
- Dealing with the inescapable ridiculous emails and negative feedback. [0:20:07.3]
- How community can address some of the drawbacks of email feedback. [0:24:01.7]
- The low down on Palapa and it actually works! [0:26:11.8]
- Palapa’s personalized main feed and reorganizing how it is laid out. [0:34:17.5]
- Trending posts, individual profiles and more fun features! [0:36:05.3]
- Care, feeding and exclusive content for an online community. [0:39:45.1]
- Empowering all the members of an online community to share their expertise. [0:45:04.2]
- The benefits of including yourself as a member of your community too! [0:48:45.6]
- Badges, post frequency and popularity and recognizing members’ contributions. [0:53:03.2]
- Setting the tone, codes of conduct and the unwritten rules of your community. [0:56:21.9]
- Encouraging engagement and helping members get the most out of things. [0:59:41.5]
- Go-to tricks and tips for jumpstarting conversation. [1:03:37.0]
- Break-the-seal questions and getting people involved and invested. [1:08:39.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Online Community Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/326
- Palapa — https://palapa.co/
- Slack — https://slack.com
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Silicon Valley — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2575988/
- Jen Rao — https://jenrao.com/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Name Evaluator — https://fizzle.co/?s=name+evaluator
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- The Fizzle Jump Start Bundle — https://fizzle.co/jumpstart
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.