10 Tactics to a Better Work-Life Balance (Part 2, FS060)
Last week we started a conversation about productivity, doing great work and who sets the rules for what’s “productive enough?”
This is the second part of that conversation where we dig into some surprising tactics to help us balance work and life better. Enjoy!
(Here’s a link to the previous episode if you haven’t listened yet.)
Caleb mentions a bunch of books in this episode. Here’s a link to each.
- Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety by Charlie Hoehn
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul by Stuart Brown & Christopher Vaughan
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey
- Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind by 99U
- The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment’s Notice by Todd Henry
- Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day by Todd Henry
- Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
- Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements by Tom Rath, Ph.D. & James K. Harter
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Corbett’s: The Long Way: Bernard Moitessier by William Rodarmor
- Chase’s: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
Zero Base Calendar by Greg Hickman — “The most important part of this system is the fact that it’s daily. Commit to doing the following exercise daily ( I do it in the morning).”
Storyline Productivity Schedule — “A Free Day Planner That Will Increase Your Productivity.”
Story: Donald Miller on Focus, Finish and living a meaningful story – BTTDL058 — A really great interview with the guy who created the Storyline Productivity Schedule… how he made it, what he read, the most important ideas, etc.
Todd Henry Interview: How to unleash your best creative work every day — This was a great interview about the ideas in Todd Henry’s latest book, Die Empty.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.