25 Workflow Tips for Entrepreneurs (FS180)
We’ve all felt that feeling where, at the end of the day, you wish you felt better about the stuff you accomplished.
(Unless you’re perfect, of course.)
You wish you got more done. There’s a heaviness, a tiredness and a good helping of “dammit I didn’t give it my all today.”
Let’s talk about that, and let’s talk about 25 of our favorite tips to manage tasks we all have to deal with.
As an entrepreneur of a small business there’s just some kinds of tasks you HAVE to do… doesn’t matter WHAT kind of entrepreneur you are.
So, in this episode we share our favorite workflow tips in 8 different categories:
- Email — we all have to deal with this. Partnerships and opportunities are in our inbox alongside (thousands of!) spammy bullsh*t. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Planning & Strategy — what’s the most important next step? Are we leaving money on the table? Should we make more products or try to earn more from the assets we already have? We all have to ask this stuff. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Analytics & Measurement — we all need to have a good answer to the “how are we doing right now?” question. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Writing — whether it’s emails, blog posts, sales pages or messages to customers and employees, we all need to write. Communication is essential to every one of us. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Customer Support — if we’re doing our jobs, every one of us has some customers. If our products are anything less than perfect, we all have some customer support to manage. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Inspiration & Learning — every one of us needs to stay fresh and bring good ideas to the table. If we stall out too much we could burn all the way out. We’ve got some tips for you.
- Work/Life Balance — I’ll wager that none of us want to ruin our family lives or personal lives. This is something we all balance. We’ve got some tips for you.
You’ll find our tips for each of these in the podcast episodes below. I highly recommend listening to the whole thing — it’s like being in a pub with two really experienced small business owners… you’re going to learn some valuable stuff.
Then, below those podcast episodes I’ve compiled resources for each of the tasks we talk about in the conversation (and in the list above).
Thanks for reading and listening and I hope you enjoy! Making small improvements to tasks like these can make a world of difference in your business.
The Episodes to listen to:
Resources & Show Notes:
The biggest tip:
- Productivity Journaling is, to us here at Fizzle, the tactic that’s made the largest impact on our productivity (besides joining a mastermind group, but that’s not a simple tactic like this one).
- Besides the conversation in the episode where we share each of our tips, the Back to Work Podcast is one of my favorite resources for getting the right head, heart and hands about email. There’s a bunch of great episodes about how to do email, etc. This one, this one, this one and this one are great to start with.
- We also mention TextExpander (Affiliate link) in this section. Chase has saved 1.9 million characters by using TextExpander for repetitive emails and the like. (That’s over 80 hours of his life!)
Planning & Strategy:
- The End of Year Review and Planning Process Every Small Business and Online Entrepreneur Should Follow
- Asana — this is the team task management app we use.
- Trello — this is the app we use to plan projects.
Analytics & Measurement:
- Lots in the discussion on this one.
- Vanity vs. Actionable Metrics: Are you tracking the right stats in your business?
- Intercom — this is the app we use for customer support.
Inspiration & Learning:
- This part of the conversation doesn’t mention any resources, but it’s a good part. Don’t miss it.
- 10 Tactics to Better Work-Life Balance — phew, this is a doozie of a post, but full of hard-earned insights from our team.
Thanks for reading and listening! Hope this helps you give more ass kicks than you receive 🙂
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.
Matt Gartland is the Co-Founder of SPI Media, the team behind Smart Passive Income and SPI Pro. He joins us to talk about what it means to be in a business partnership, hiring and managing teams, and how he came to be a co-founder in SPI Media. LINKS:
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and