3 Big Reasons Why The Goals We Set Don’t Stick
Why is it that we set goals that fail? Why do we allow our dreams to fizzle out? Could the problem be with the way we are approaching our goals from the get-go?
2018 is here and you have things to do, right? You have dreams to achieve, goals to set and things to accomplish!
But do you know what the difference is between a goal and a New Year’s resolution?
Do you know the difference between “mountain top goals” and “foundational goals”?
Do you know why your goals are so prone to fizzle out?
THAT’S what I want to talk to you about today: how to set goals that will actually work because most of us think about goals in the WRONG way.
In this episode, we are essentially talking about how you get your sh*t done! It’s the beginning of the year and everyone is talking about New Year resolutions. New Year’s resolutions are usually things you just fizzle out of, so today we are talking about why we let them fizzle out and how to set achievable business and personal goals (rather than resolutions) moving forward into the new year.
Listen to this conversation because you are going to get some remarkable insights from it! It’s a deep dive into why we think so poorly about goal setting, and how to fix it.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The difference between dreams, desires and goals. [0:05:00.0]
- Tackling mountain top goals versus foundational goals. [0:08:10.0]
- The problem with achievement culture and moving goal posts. [0:13:20.0]
- Is being a go-getter an innate quality or one which you can learn? [0:17:15.0]
- Is setting goals really done for the enjoyment of the achievement? [0:17:00.0]
- The biggest reason people burn out on their goals and give up. [0:22:00.0]
- Learn the three biggest challenges people face with goal setting. [0:25:14.0]
- Why reaching your goal is not always the pinnacle of success. [0:32:10.0]
- The value of setting actionable foundational goals from the inside out. [0:34:44.0]
- Figuring out which goals you should be setting out to accomplish. [0:37:20.0]
- The five-step process to setting holistic goals for every aspect of life. [0:41:19.0]
- Learn Steph’s favorite step of the goal setting process. [0:46:40.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.