The 3 Most Difficult Things in Your Business Right Now (FS196)
We surveyed Fizzle members and asked them: what is the most difficult thing in your business right now.
Today on the show we talk about 3 of the most common responses to that question, offering in return some of that wisdom, humor and experience you’ve come to expect from the Fizzle Show.
(BTW, you can see the results of the entire survey here with beautiful illustrations.)
Notes from the episode:
- Steph is a new mom and time is a huge challenge.
- One thing she’s found to be helpful is that it’s important to figure out how to accept help.
- “I’m a better mom when I get to do the work I care about.”
- A lot of entrepreneurs try to do everything themselves and end up struggling with time.
- We all load so much onto our plates! There’s probably more things you can get help with.
- This Don’t Carpe Diem post is a great example of a voice that has been helpful for her as she thinks about time. So is this poem.
- For corbett it was about finding the projects that got him excited (like bowling and golfing). Likewise there are certain kinds of business ideas that get you excited.
- A lot of us with day jobs resonate with feelings like “I can’t let my boss find out” and “I’m afraid of losing my job.”
- A lot of this deciding to build a business is about feeling it out — you want to have one foot in each boat… maybe I’ll keep the job, maybe I’ll be successful in my own business.
- You’ve got to talk to someone! Especially your spouse or partner… this will help: Romance & Revenue: Big Relationship Tips for Entrepreneurs (FS055)
- Glennon Doyle Melton quote: ”You can’t miss your boat. It’s yours. It stays docked till you’re ready. The only boat you miss is someone else’s. Let them have theirs while you wait for yours.
- “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” ~ Oprah
- “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” ~ Steve Jobs
- One of the things that has helped Chase here is defining a specific, targeted vision that’s doable. E.g., to commit to writing 10 great blog posts in 10 months instead of trying to commit to “being a successful blogger.”
- You should definitely listen to this part, it’s better than these notes are.
- We all know focus is important, how much it sucks to be pulled in a million different directions. And it’s really naturally to feel pulled in a million ways when you’re starting a business, like there’s a million things you could be doing.
- One thing we forget: you get to say “no, sorry, I’m focusing on this right now.”
- The One Thing book. “What is the one thing that you could do this week that is so important that nothing else can really matter?”
- But it’s figuring out what to focus on that’s the difficult thing!
- Narrow it down to the 3 that are the most impact, the most interested in and just are right for me right now.
What’s the hardest thing for you right now in your business? Let us know in the comments.
Cheers and here’s to an awesome 2017, you guys!
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.