The 5 Steps Every Growth Cycle Needs (FS332)
Aren’t we all wishing to grow to that place where we can just relax into our business and start living life rather than just sweating through every day?
Well, the good news is that Internet business allows you to do that to some extent.
Welcome to the future!
It is possible to create your own business and to design your own lifestyle.
How do you want to raise your kids and schedule your working hours? Again, an online business gives you the opportunity to customize all those aspects to fit your needs and wants.
But, in order for us to do that, we need to figure out a way to earn enough revenue to be able to afford these choices and to sustain the lifestyle we want. To accomplish this, you need the energy to want to do it, so you have to actually care about it.
In this episode we talk about growing your business so that it provides you with the means to live the life you want. You might have your venture up and running but now you’re wondering what to do to build that out so that you not only break even, but make some good money off of it.
We also talk about brainstorming a bunch of ideas for growth and then evaluating and sorting them according to different categories that will help you decide which ones should take priority. Sometimes it’s wise to first go for the low hanging fruit that might be more effective over time and treating these ideas as experiments, not attaching too much value to one particular one.
Join us for this conversation where four of your favorite Fizzlers talk you through this stage!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Podia.
Podia is a Swiss Army Knife for selling anything you need online. It’s an all-in-one digital storefront where you can sell courses, memberships, and digital downloads all in one place.
The cool thing about Podia is that they eliminate all the technical headaches. You don’t have to install anything, you can host your sales pages there, your files, your checkout process. You can even do your email marketing and your newsletters from Podia!
Fizzle Show listeners can get 15% off of Podia FOR LIFE by signing up for a free trial over at http://podia.com/fizzle.
Key Points from This Episode:
- Figuring out what leave looks like when you are your own boss. [0:07:30.0]
- Experimenting and predicting the best avenues for growing your business. [0:10:42.0]
- Getting to the stage where you can pay all the bills and live comfortably. [0:14:15.0]
- Brainstorming new ideas and evaluating them in a spreadsheet. [0:17:05.0]
- The paralysis that comes along with being unable to identify the best option. [0:21:35.0]
- When it makes sense to tackle the simpler ideas that deliver quick results first. [0:25:45.0]
- Not becoming too attached to the results of any one experiment. [0:31:14.0]
- Finding the solution to a problem that people actually want to solve. [0:35:37.0]
- The importance of tracking your experiments and keeping record of details. [0:38:31.0]
- The benefits of getting good at partnerships and collaborations. [0:42:21.0]
- Good experimentation requires vulnerability and a willingness to be wrong. [0:44:55.0]
- Examples of some of the growth channels and growth experiments [0:49:38.0]
- Opting for steady growth with effort. [0:55:23.0]
- Remembering that behind every success story is a bunch of failed experiments. [0:58:56.0]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Chase Reeves — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
- Aiden Fishbein — https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Steph Crowder — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Podia — https://www.podia.com/
- Uber — https://www.uber.com/
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Episode 107 — https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/episode-107-10-marketing-channels-to-grow-your-small/id656726654?i=1000340641326&l=nb
- Episode 108 — https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcast/episode-108-9-more-marketing-channels-to-grow-your/id656726654?i=1000341157401&l=nb
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Productivity Essentials — https://app.fizzle.co/library/productivity-essentials
- Fizzle Name Evaluator — https://fizzle.co/?s=name+evaluator
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Photo by Thomas Lambert on Unsplash
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.