Scale: Stage 6 of 6 on the Small Business Roadmap (FS105)
In the sixth small business roadmap stage we explore the final question: how can we grow this business beyond ourselves and into greater impact in the world and wealth in the company?
We dig into the 11 steps of Scale where the goal is to hone, discover and experiment towards a more scalable and sustainable business.
To put it simply, this stage is about shifting from clawing out growth one handful at a time, to a business with one of those magical hockey stick growth charts.
We also finish out this episode with reflections on key takeaways and what we learned in talking through this whole roadmap. Enjoy!
(PS: If you’re not already, subscribe in itunes so you can get the next episode in your sleep.)
The real meat of each of these items is in the conversation. The items below are meant as simply a placeholder while you listen to the episode.
- Measure product/market fit. Lots of good conversation about this in the episode.
- Do stuff to get to product/market fit: evolve your product, launch new features (reduce churn / improve retention, etc).
- Do stuff to adapt the market you’re reaching (the “market” piece of p/m fit).
- Time for another pivot or persevere checkpoint.
- Achieve product/market fit (traction). Yay! (Again, lots of important talk about this stuff in the episode.)
- Transition to CEO mode: vision, hiring and making sure the team has enough resources to do what they need to do. (Get yourself a blazer with gold buttons.)
- Decide again: bootstrap or raise money (again)?
- Create and execute your hiring plan. “Product’s doing fine but customer support is out of hand now,” etc.
- Review/adjust business model. “What’s really our business model and how do we optimize it?”
- Hone your “customer acquisition channels.” (That’s a fancy way to say “how you get new customers.”)
The Roadmap Episodes:
- Clarity (episode 100)
- Connection (101)
- Planning (102)
- Build (103)
- Money (104)
- Scale (105)
- 4 Updates (106)
Which stage are you in?
We are actively adjusting this roadmap based on your feedback. Could you answer these 3 quick questions in the comments below?
- Which stage are you in?
- What does it feel like where you are?
- What step is next for you?
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.