7 Realistic Tactics For Building A Biz While Working (FS277)
Are you trying to start a business while you still have a day job? Do you need more time to get your business going but just cannot find it? How can we manage this transition phase from 9 to 5 professional to self-employed badass?
Today we are talking about making this challenging dynamic work for you. Steph is away on vacation so Corbett and Chase are tackling this issue head on and have a host of suggestions to make your double-life doubly beneficial!
In this episode we’ll be unpacking just how important it can be to maintain a functioning work life while starting your own thing. We’ll also be looking at how different the lives of new entrepreneurs are to those of established ones. Chase and Corbett discuss the initial phases of trial and error and attacking these terrains with excitement and fearlessness.
We also talk about finding exactly what your value is, chiseling out time within a busy schedule, managing energy levels, and fueling your work with passion. From there the discussion moves onto some concrete ideas and strategies for getting the ball rolling in the right direction. We cover your internal operating system, small tasks, removing vices, workplace related choices, and more.
So for an inspiring chat on an almost indispensable stage of any digital entrepreneur’s journey, make sure to tune in and hear it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The difference between building a business and maintaining an established one. [0:06:50.7]
- Why it is no longer necessary to raise financing as in the past. [0:09:31.4]
- Working smarter instead of harder according to your own needs. [0:14:18.2]
- Finding your way to your value and then packaging it. [0:17:42.8]
- Trying despite the challenges, lack of guarantees and the possibility of failure. [0:18:40.3]
- Making time and finding the energy to juggle all of your commitments. [0:21:58.1]
- Using your motivation and passion to fuel the fire of why you do this! [0:29:01.5]
- Choosing how you want to build your entrepreneurial house. [0:30:31.3]
- Doing what you know you have to in the way that you can. [0:36:58.1]
- Work about work, planning and reflection. [0:42:20.3]
- Objectives and Key Results (OKR) as an important framework. [0:44:26.2]
- Breaking down projects into small, accomplishable chunks. [0:47:40.6]
- Cutting out vices and making more time in your day. [0:53:30.6]
- Considering going part time with your current day job. [0:54:09.4]
- Looking for a different job that better suits the requirements for your business. [0:55:59.2]
- Relying on a partner or spouse for income and security for a period. [01:00:58.3]
- Hiring a coach or joining a mastermind group. [01:04:49.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- HoneyBook — https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Two Set Violin on Twitter — https://twitter.com/TwoSetViolin
- Pachabel’s Canon in C(hicken) — https://twitter.com/TwoSetViolin/status/1018520345769177090
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Pamela Slim — https://pamelaslim.com/
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmadtJlpo-e2wnBOEgLvj1A
- I Hope You Dance — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw
- Jesus Take the Wheel — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydBPm2KRaU
- Joseph Campbell — https://www.jcf.org/about-joseph-campbell/
- Alan Watts — https://www.brainpickings.org/tag/alan-watts/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.