800,000 Followers and Still Working Day Jobs (FS284)
Can losing your job be the best thing to happen to you? How do you convert social media followers to website traffic? Once you have a big social media audience is selling a product or service easy?
These are the questions we are fielding today from our Fizzle Forums in the round up! Although quite specific to each person posing the question there is a lot to unpack and hopefully enough for most of our audience to relate to on some level.
In this episode, we look at each of these topics and really try and draw out the best advice we can muster for you and your business. We examine what it means to really go beyond the call of duty and give your business your all, we discuss the value of social followings and what remains ever valuable in today’s online climate.
We also talk about monetization and the importance of a personal touch on Instagram. We look at good examples of familiar and prominent entrepreneurs to exemplify approaches to these issues, notably Joe Rogan and Gary Vaynerchuk, names you will most surely be used to hearing!
So for all this and much more be sure to tune in with us Fizzlers!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Losing my job was the best thing that ever happened to me! [0:05:10.8]
- Going beyond the basics and being consumed with finding your clients. [0:13:15.3]
- The genesis of this approach to success. [0:16:45.9]
- Converting Instagram follows to website traffic. [0:21:3]
- Making a launch fun and personal on a social media platform. [0:30:58.2]
- Monetization of a large social following. [0:37:20.3]
- The constant importance of writing in the evolving landscape of content. [0:43:56.2]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Yelp! — https://www.yelp.com/
- Derek Halpern — https://socialtriggers.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Jab, Jab Jab, Right Hook — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/the-one-thing-i-didnt-clarify-enough-in-jab-jab-jab-right-hook/
- Aubrey Marcus — https://www.aubreymarcus.com/
- Joe Rogan — https://www.joerogan.com/
- Kylie Jenner — https://www.instagram.com/kyliejenner/?hl=en
- Simplified Planner — https://www.emilyley.com/collections/simplified-planner
- Elon Musk — https://www.forbes.com/profile/elon-musk/#675c97937999
- Patreon — https://www.patreon.com/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.