So You Launch Something, Now What?
Have you launched a minimum viable product for your business? What exactly qualifies as and defines a minimum viable product? What are the questions you need to ask yourself during the process?
A minimum viable product or MVP is one of the most established ways of getting a new business off the ground. By design, the framework allows a business owner to start small and get the most out of this production process. We at Fizzle are all in for MVPs, but how to pull them off to your best benefit, you ask?
In this episode, we are tackling that exact question and helping you unpack how to create, deliver and promote your MVP. This means research, ideas, production, and follow-through, we cover it all!
We also give helpful examples of minimum viable products and what these show us in terms of pre-game and follow up, notably emphasizing the longevity that is possible with an MVP. Remember, once it is launched it is not necessarily on to the next thing!
So for all you entrepreneurs out there, young and old, seasoned or fresh, gather round as we break it down!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Looking at different minimum viable products across industries and markets. [0:06:38.1]
- The opportunity that MVPs offer your business. [0:08:51.3]
- Chase’s example of an MVP from his wife Mellisa’s business. [0:10:31.2]
- Reflecting on Mellisa’s strategy and the usefulness of pre-selling. [0:15:25.6]
- What comes after you have completed your MVP? [0:21:10.6]
- Doubling down on what you already have in your business. [0:24:20.4]
- Why you do not always have to ask ‘what’s next’ immediately. [0:29:01.3]
- What else to pursue after launching your MVP and your season of promotion. [0:31:02.5]
- Using an MVP primarily as a mechanism for customer feedback. [0:34:10.2]
- The actual launch of an MVP and assessing its success. [0:36:47.2]
- Compiling the qualitative and quantitative data that an MVP launch offers. [0:39:40.8]
- The initial step, where the rubber hits the road! [0:43:40.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- HoneyBook — https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Womb & Hearth — http://wombandhearth.com/
- Amy Porterfield — http://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Courage and Clarity Podcast — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Slack — https://slack.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.