A Clear Business Direction – Choosing a Topic & Defining Your Audience (FS323)
How do you hold onto the energy and excitement of the early stages of your business? How do you sustain this “freshness” over the long run?
Maybe you’re lost and you feel stuck before you’ve even begun…
Either way, you need direction! This direction is made up of two very important things:
- We want you to find exactly what your business is talking about as soon as possible!
- Just as important is who you’re talking to.
These two pillars (your message and your audience) are really at the heart of any business. They are especially the guiding lights in the beginning and without them you will almost definitely be lost at sea!
In this episode we embark on part two of the roadmap series. We are delving into the nerves and excitement that accompany getting serious in following your entrepreneurial dreams. This combination of feelings is so common for a lot of us, and as we see the possibilities they can feel daunting.
This episode can help you move through these waters so you don’t stuck in paralysis!
We also talk about using your own experience and questions to guide your work, the 80% confidence rule and finding the one person that your business is serving. So for all this and more, join us we do it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The universality of figuring out what you are saying and who you are saying it to. [0:06:18.4]
- Nerves, excitement and possibility when you are just starting out. [0:09:01.2]
- Common hurdles and sticking points for choosing and moving forward. [0:11:34.6]
- Ideal avatars and other time traps standing in your way. [0:15:51.4]
- Why social media is misleading. [0:21:01.8]
- Simplifying the difficult task of selling to an audience. [0:25:25.3]
- Tilling your business soil and producing a great client base. [0:29:29.1]
- Staying flexible for iteration and growth over time. [0:36:28.6]
- The next best step and finding your sharing medium. [0:44:40.3]
- Growing your topic, product and your service ideas from your audience. [0:51:50.8]
- Taking the pressure off and channeling the energy of an Italian restaurant. [0:54:22.5]
- The Fizzle courses that can get you jumpstarted on your roadmap. [0:56:03.6]
And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/course/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Nathan Barry — https://nathanbarry.com/
- Bill Murray — https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/
- Trader Joe’s — https://www.traderjoes.com/
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Jen Rao — https://clearyourlife.ca
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Work With Chase — https://www.workwithchase.com/
- Courage & Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chasereeves
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.