A Clear Business Direction – Choosing a Topic & Defining Your Audience (FS323)
How do you hold onto the energy and excitement of the early stages of your business? How do you sustain this “freshness” over the long run?
Maybe you’re lost and you feel stuck before you’ve even begun…
Either way, you need direction! This direction is made up of two very important things:
- We want you to find exactly what your business is talking about as soon as possible!
- Just as important is who you’re talking to.
These two pillars (your message and your audience) are really at the heart of any business. They are especially the guiding lights in the beginning and without them you will almost definitely be lost at sea!
In this episode we embark on part two of the roadmap series. We are delving into the nerves and excitement that accompany getting serious in following your entrepreneurial dreams. This combination of feelings is so common for a lot of us, and as we see the possibilities they can feel daunting.
This episode can help you move through these waters so you don’t stuck in paralysis!
We also talk about using your own experience and questions to guide your work, the 80% confidence rule and finding the one person that your business is serving. So for all this and more, join us we do it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The universality of figuring out what you are saying and who you are saying it to. [0:06:18.4]
- Nerves, excitement and possibility when you are just starting out. [0:09:01.2]
- Common hurdles and sticking points for choosing and moving forward. [0:11:34.6]
- Ideal avatars and other time traps standing in your way. [0:15:51.4]
- Why social media is misleading. [0:21:01.8]
- Simplifying the difficult task of selling to an audience. [0:25:25.3]
- Tilling your business soil and producing a great client base. [0:29:29.1]
- Staying flexible for iteration and growth over time. [0:36:28.6]
- The next best step and finding your sharing medium. [0:44:40.3]
- Growing your topic, product and your service ideas from your audience. [0:51:50.8]
- Taking the pressure off and channeling the energy of an Italian restaurant. [0:54:22.5]
- The Fizzle courses that can get you jumpstarted on your roadmap. [0:56:03.6]
And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/course/defining-your-audience
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- Nathan Barry — https://nathanbarry.com/
- Bill Murray — https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/
- Trader Joe’s — https://www.traderjoes.com/
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Jen Rao — https://clearyourlife.ca
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Work With Chase — https://www.workwithchase.com/
- Courage & Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chasereeves
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.