How To Use The Comparison Game To Your Advantage Instead Of Just Feeling Like A Piece of Sh*t
It’s natural to compare yourself to others, but we want to teach you how to interrupt that pattern and use that habit to propel your business further and deeper into the results you actually want.
Does your social media feed leave you feeling jealous, doubtful, isolated and unworthy, rather than inspired, motivated and connected?
Often our fears and the need for acceptance come into play with comparisons – comparing ourselves to others and using that as a measuring stick for our own life and sense of self-worth.
But is this something we can change?
Today we want to break down what the comparison game means for modern business builders and how we can interrupt those patterns on social media to stop playing the comparison game and look deeply into our own goals, needs and wants.
We’re doing that today through a podcast episode because it allows us to go much deeper than a blog post that… let’s face it… you’d just scan anyways 🙂
In this episode we’re going to show you the antidote to the comparison game and how we can interrupt this age-old biological pattern in our brains and convert that energy into real results and progress. It’s time to stop bullying yourself and just do you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the burden of comparison is one of the top three burdens in Fizzle. [0:06:30.0]
- How social media platforms can quickly leave us with despair and self doubt. [0:09:30.0]
- The danger of social media on business builders in the pursuit of goals. [0:12:15.0]
- Find out what the antidote is to the comparison game and negative emotions. [0:16:40.0]
- Avoiding the vanity metric, egos and making people think you’re hot sh*t! [0:19:20.0]
- How to recognize the comparison game emotion but not let it effect you. [0:20:50.0]
- Letting the work and lives of others inspire you rather than demotivate you. [0:24:20.0]
- Pattern Interrupt: Being aware of your emotions and converting them positively. [0:27:21.0]
- Why we need to become researchers, ask questions and study our social media. [0:47:05.0]
- An inspiring quote from Seth Godin about goals and why you need them. [0:49:50.0]
- FYI: You can comfortably pay your bills without being an internet celebrity. [0:56:50.0]
- Why you need to keep asking yourself: What do you want? [0:57:15.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.