How To Use The Comparison Game To Your Advantage Instead Of Just Feeling Like A Piece of Sh*t
It’s natural to compare yourself to others, but we want to teach you how to interrupt that pattern and use that habit to propel your business further and deeper into the results you actually want.
Does your social media feed leave you feeling jealous, doubtful, isolated and unworthy, rather than inspired, motivated and connected?
Often our fears and the need for acceptance come into play with comparisons – comparing ourselves to others and using that as a measuring stick for our own life and sense of self-worth.
But is this something we can change?
Today we want to break down what the comparison game means for modern business builders and how we can interrupt those patterns on social media to stop playing the comparison game and look deeply into our own goals, needs and wants.
We’re doing that today through a podcast episode because it allows us to go much deeper than a blog post that… let’s face it… you’d just scan anyways 🙂
In this episode we’re going to show you the antidote to the comparison game and how we can interrupt this age-old biological pattern in our brains and convert that energy into real results and progress. It’s time to stop bullying yourself and just do you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the burden of comparison is one of the top three burdens in Fizzle. [0:06:30.0]
- How social media platforms can quickly leave us with despair and self doubt. [0:09:30.0]
- The danger of social media on business builders in the pursuit of goals. [0:12:15.0]
- Find out what the antidote is to the comparison game and negative emotions. [0:16:40.0]
- Avoiding the vanity metric, egos and making people think you’re hot sh*t! [0:19:20.0]
- How to recognize the comparison game emotion but not let it effect you. [0:20:50.0]
- Letting the work and lives of others inspire you rather than demotivate you. [0:24:20.0]
- Pattern Interrupt: Being aware of your emotions and converting them positively. [0:27:21.0]
- Why we need to become researchers, ask questions and study our social media. [0:47:05.0]
- An inspiring quote from Seth Godin about goals and why you need them. [0:49:50.0]
- FYI: You can comfortably pay your bills without being an internet celebrity. [0:56:50.0]
- Why you need to keep asking yourself: What do you want? [0:57:15.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.