Conferences vs Retreats: Which is Right For Your Business?
Have you been wondering about attending a conference? Have you been to a bunch of conferences before? What were the outcomes of these past experiences and what can you hope for in the future?
Today we are talking conferences, retreats, gatherings, meet-ups and networking. With the huge amount of events of this nature taking place all the time, how do we choose which one to go to? And how should we approach them?
In this episode, the team gives you an insightful dive into the mechanics of the conference as well as shares some personal tips for the best experience. There is a whole world of opportunity awaiting you at the right event if you have the correct strategy and attitude!
We also talk about the time Chase and Corbett met at a conference, the latest incarnations of the conference format, finding your tribe and Chase’s very own concept of ‘third tier networking’.
So for all the entrepreneurs ready to make a great connection, learn an important lesson and get your business out into the public, this is an episode tailor-made for you! Tune in as we break it down!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of how Chase and Corbett met at The Blog World Conference. [0:05:31.3]
- The difference between virtual meetings and those in person. [0:09:46.2]
- The new avenue of conferences: the small retreat. [0:14:55.9]
- Attitudes and skills for a successful time at conferences. [0:19:40.6]
- Initial and subsequent reasons for attending events. [0:21:14.2]
- Finding and interacting with your tribe. [0:25:10.1]
- Open-heartedness and commitment to the process of networking. [0:26:54.4]
- Chase’s concept of ‘third tier networking’. [0:29:01.4]
- Some tips to making connections and first impressions with the right people. [0:32:39.5]
- Comparing events of different sizes and the pros and cons of each. [0:35:39.6]
- The absolutely vital elements of gatherings such as retreats and conferences. [0:45:01.2]
- Connections, visibility and opportunity. [0:52:23.9]
- Getting the most out of non-conference environments in daily life. [0:57:10.8]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- DISCOUNT ON CONVERT KIT CONFERENCE: enter code “fizzle” for $50 off https://conference.convertkit.com/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Blog World — http://www.blogworld.com/
- New Media — http://nmxlive.com/2016-lv/
- Derek Halpern — https://socialtriggers.com/
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Skype — https://www.skype.com/en/
- Fernet — https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/12/fernet-the-best-liquor-youre-still-not-yet-drinking/250381/
- World Domination Summit — https://worlddominationsummit.com/
- Craft + Commerce Conference — https://conference.convertkit.com/
- Leadpages Conference — https://www.leadpages.net/blog/announcement-were-hosting-our-very-first-conference-and-you-get-to-create-it/
- Tribe Conference — https://tribeconference.com/
- Zoom — https://zoom.us/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
- Seth Godin — http://sethgodin.strikingly.com/
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- Big Magic — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24453082-big-magic
- Rob Bell — https://robbell.com/
- Ellen Degeneres — https://www.ellentube.com/
- Jay Z — http://lifeandtimes.com/
- Chris Ducker — http://www.chrisducker.com/
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Matt Giovanisci — https://www.moneylab.co
- Matt Giovanisci Video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_06MCOcdvo
- Nathan Barry — http://nathanbarry.com/
- MicroConf — https://www.microconf.com/
- Steven Pressfield — https://stevenpressfield.com/
- The War of Art — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1319.The_War_of_Art
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.