Creating Mutual Benefit as a Virtual Assistant with Aiden Fishbein (FS293)
Are you looking to supplement your business’ income as a virtual assistant? Do you want to find something that is going to benefit you in more ways than just financially? How can you align yourself with the right type of people for these goals?
There are many ways to make your way through the entrepreneurial world and every person out there can find a unique and successful way for themselves. One of the dynamics that we all have to navigate, however, is balancing money, time, and skills acquisition and that is essentially what this episode is all about.
In this discussion we look at how you can go about creating mutual benefit as a virtual assistant, adding value, learning, earning and networking. We talk about seizing opportunities, where to look for them and pegging all of this on a minimum viable income.
Today on the show we are joined by Aiden Fishbein who runs Vitals Agency and is a long time member of our Fizzle Community. Aiden will be sharing his ideas and experience on the topic of hiring within a community and the benefits of apprenticeship type positions.
We also talk about the classic apprenticeship model, trial runs and the lessons the panel have learned themselves in these realms.
For all this great stuff and more, tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding a supplement income to your business through virtual assistance. [0:03:28.4]
- How we have hired in the apprenticeship model at Fizzle. [0:07:39.8]
- Mutually beneficial relationships and how Aiden facilitates these at Vitals Agency . [0:12:12.2]
- Minimum viable income and adjusting your goals. [0:15:43.5]
- Aiden’s own experiences freelancing and assisting. [0:23:12.1]
- Steph’s great experience finding her own virtual assistant. [0:26:07.7]
- The hiring process, how painful it can be and how to circumvent this. [0:31:40.3]
- Approaching ‘peers-plus’ for opportunities and creating mutual benefit. [0:36:28.2]
- Starting the conversation around hiring and staging a trial run. [0:41:37.7]
- Hiring internally from your community versus outside of your world. [0:45:20.5]
- Looking in a community in which you are a member to find someone like-minded. [0:50:01.8]
- The power of apprenticeship and expanding your zone of genius. [0:52:34.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/fizzle/
- A beginner’s guide to bots — https://discover.bot/bot-talk/beginners-guide-bots/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Vitals Agency — https://vitals.agency/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://www.linkedin.com/in/aiden-fishbein-05156830
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Meet Edgar — https://meetedgar.com/
- Laura Roeder — https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauraroeder
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Hulu — https://www.hulu.com
- How to Afford an Entrepreneurial Lifestyle — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/minimum-viable-income
- Ramen Profitable — http://www.paulgraham.com/ramenprofitable.html
- Huffington Post — https://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Google Assistant
- Alexa — https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-And-Alexa-Devices/b?ie=UTF8&node=9818047011
- Siri — https://www.apple.com/siri/
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Caleb Wojcik — http://www.calebwojcik.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.