Are You Effective or Just Busy? (FS278)
Are you always busy? Are you worried about how effective all this work is? Are you addicted to busyness and need help?
We are here to help you separate the needless hustle from the essential work. It is not always about working smarter than harder, but it is vitally important that you stop chasing your tail and working up a sweat while not making enough progress.
In this episode we talk about to do lists, goal setting, productivity and all the common grounds for growth measurement. A large part of the conversation is spent drawing out the intricacies of these relationships and how you can find your perfect balance of needs, ambitions and obligations to set your ideal goals.
We also talk about affirmation, journalling, reducing attachment and much more so be sure to tune in a get it all in this massive episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Choosing the right things from your to do list. [0:04:01.2]
- Effectiveness often includes busyness. [0:05:32.1]
- Reasons why we have methods and practices around productivity. [0:07:02.4]
- Winging it, freedom and the converse of over-organized systems. [0:09:57.2]
- Over-dedication to the to do list and a lack of perspective. [0:13:17.2]
- The Four Tendencies and using your own disposition to your advantage. [0:17:29.8]
- Learning to look out for yourself as an entrepreneur. [0:22:19.5]
- Prioritizing and managing your to do list according to growth and intuition. [0:25:11.3]
- How Chase manages his tendency to wing his way through work. [0:29:50.4]
- Relating your spiritual, emotional and professional goals. [0:39:01.2]
- The usefulness of journalling and affirmation in maintaining real goals. [0:42:57.1]
- Rolling with things as they come, all the way to a platform. [0:49:04.7]
- Exploring growth through the tension between our dreams and obligations. [0:53:24.9]
- Reducing damaging attachment to results. [0:56:02.2]
- Where to start when getting going on your goals. [1:02:32.7]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Sezzle — https://sezzle.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Energizer Planning Method Episode — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/energizer-planning-method-get-year-back-track-fs215
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- 15 Minute Weekly Planner —https://www.courageandclarity.com/plan/
- Fleet Feet — https://www.fleetfeet.com/
- Gretchen Rubin — https://gretchenrubin.com/
- The Four Tendencies — https://gretchenrubin.com/books/the-four-tendencies/intro/
- Mister Miyagi — http://thekaratekid.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Miyagi
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Casey Neistat — https://www.caseyneistat.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.