How to Find Your Why and Get Amazing Testimonials (FS335)
How much of your mission and “why” should you share your audience and customers? Do you need to be crystal clear on your motivation before you are able to do this? How do we collect amazing testimonials from satisfied clients?
Welcome to the first member-focused, Friday episode of the Fizzle Show! These shows will be recorded live with Fizzle members and their questions and will be aired every Friday going forward! If you are not yet a registered member, check out the website so you can be a part of this great community!
In this episode, we focus on two main topics:
The first is getting to grips with your why and whether it is important to include your audience in this journey. The second question we answer is around testimonial collection and the best ways to go about this. We also talk about gauging alignment with customers, non-sleazy marketing and why testimonials are so effective!
We share four great ideas from Sarah Peck on how to elicit meaningful, honest and impactful reviews of your work and offer a few of our own suggestions on the topic too!
For all of this, join the Fizzle Team today for the first of many Fizzle Fridays!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding your ‘why’ and how much of it to share with an audience. [0:01:24.5]
- Balancing the necessities of connecting, authenticity and customer needs. [0:05:35.3]
- Best practices for testimonial collection after a launch. [0:11:58.1]
- Using surveys and other easy ways to ask for reviews and testimonials. [0:15:01.8]
- Why testimonials are important and work so well for small businesses. [0:20:08.2]
- The 4 questions that Sarah Peck has laid out for getting great testimonials! [0:21:12.9]
- Especially meaningful components of testimonials you can use [0:23:40.7]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co
- Italian with Leo — http://www.italianwithleo.com
- Simon Sinek — https://simonsinek.com
- Start with Why — https://www.amazon.com/Start-Why-Leaders-Inspire-Everyone/dp/1591846447
- Find Your Why — https://www.amazon.com/Find-Your-Why-Practical-Discovering/dp/0143111728
- Palapa — https://palapa.co
- SurveyMonkey — https://www.surveymonkey.com
- Sue Mcleod Ceramics — https://suemcleodceramics.com/
- Sarah Peck — https://www.sarahkpeck.com
- 4 Questions You Can Use To Get Great Testimonials & Reviews — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/4-questions-for-great-testimonials-reviews
- Blue Apron — https://www.blueapron.com
- Jen Rao — https://clearyourlife.ca
- Aiden Fishbein — https://megafishbein.com
- Corbett Barr — https://corbettbarr.com/
Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.