How to Find Your Why and Get Amazing Testimonials (FS335)
How much of your mission and “why” should you share your audience and customers? Do you need to be crystal clear on your motivation before you are able to do this? How do we collect amazing testimonials from satisfied clients?
Welcome to the first member-focused, Friday episode of the Fizzle Show! These shows will be recorded live with Fizzle members and their questions and will be aired every Friday going forward! If you are not yet a registered member, check out the website so you can be a part of this great community!
In this episode, we focus on two main topics:
The first is getting to grips with your why and whether it is important to include your audience in this journey. The second question we answer is around testimonial collection and the best ways to go about this. We also talk about gauging alignment with customers, non-sleazy marketing and why testimonials are so effective!
We share four great ideas from Sarah Peck on how to elicit meaningful, honest and impactful reviews of your work and offer a few of our own suggestions on the topic too!
For all of this, join the Fizzle Team today for the first of many Fizzle Fridays!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding your ‘why’ and how much of it to share with an audience. [0:01:24.5]
- Balancing the necessities of connecting, authenticity and customer needs. [0:05:35.3]
- Best practices for testimonial collection after a launch. [0:11:58.1]
- Using surveys and other easy ways to ask for reviews and testimonials. [0:15:01.8]
- Why testimonials are important and work so well for small businesses. [0:20:08.2]
- The 4 questions that Sarah Peck has laid out for getting great testimonials! [0:21:12.9]
- Especially meaningful components of testimonials you can use [0:23:40.7]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co
- Italian with Leo — http://www.italianwithleo.com
- Simon Sinek — https://simonsinek.com
- Start with Why — https://www.amazon.com/Start-Why-Leaders-Inspire-Everyone/dp/1591846447
- Find Your Why — https://www.amazon.com/Find-Your-Why-Practical-Discovering/dp/0143111728
- Palapa — https://palapa.co
- SurveyMonkey — https://www.surveymonkey.com
- Sue Mcleod Ceramics — https://suemcleodceramics.com/
- Sarah Peck — https://www.sarahkpeck.com
- 4 Questions You Can Use To Get Great Testimonials & Reviews — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/4-questions-for-great-testimonials-reviews
- Blue Apron — https://www.blueapron.com
- Jen Rao — https://clearyourlife.ca
- Aiden Fishbein — https://megafishbein.com
- Corbett Barr — https://corbettbarr.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.