The Step-by-Step Story of Becoming a Full-Time Blogger (FS240)
If you’re working through all the hope and doubt and strategies it takes to become a full-time blogger, then you’re going to enjoy the bejeezus out of this episode.
Today on the show we are joined by Beth Hornback, who has an incredible story about how she carefully worked the steps and stages necessary to quit her job and work on her blog full-time.
Beth is the creator of the blog, Eat Within Your Means, where she shares plant-based recipes and cooking tips to fatten your wallet and skinny your jeans. Whether that’s by cooking chickpeas from scratch or sharing ways to limit or eliminate oil, it’s easier than you think.
Along the way Beth also shares her personal successes and struggles on the path to finding her means. In today’s episode Beth shares her journey of the wins and struggles she faced while transitioning out of her corporate job and into becoming a full-time blogger.
So if your dream is to be a blogger full-time and you need a bit of guidance and motivation to get there, then this podcast is for you!
Note: Beth has been a part of the Fizzle Community for a long time and we’re so glad to get to feature her story here!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of how Beth transitioned out of her corporate job.
- Beth’s journey of becoming a full-time blogger.
- Finding the motivation and a strategy to execute on your ideas.
- Pursuing a life where you are “making work that matters”.
- The best day ever; when Beth “woke up” to her blogging dreams.
- Learning to recognize when to move on from a business idea that is not working.
- Understanding that clarity comes from taking action on your dreams.
- How an official launch date was absolutely crucial in the success of Beth’s blog.
- Just create content; do not get hung up on a strict content schedule.
- The spaghetti squash blog post that changed everything; the “wow” moment.
- Focusing on posting diligently, even when you just can’t seem to get the home run.
- Figuring out how to work from home while being a full-time mom.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Beth Hornback — https://eatwithinyourmeans.com/
- Beth on Twitter — https://twitter.com/eatwithinmeans
- Food Blogger Pro — https://www.foodbloggerpro.com/
- FreshBooks — https://www.freshbooks.com/fizzle
- VideoBlocks — https://www.videoblocks.com/fizzle
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Craft + Commerce Conference — https://convertkit.com/conference/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.