How to Obtain & Deliver Great Speaking Gigs
Are you looking to book some amazing speaking gigs? Do you feel like speaking at events is essential to really level up in your business? How do we go about getting into the game?
Here at Fizzle we have all felt the pull and experienced the benefit of getting on stage and sharing what we do and who we are. There are reasons why speaking and presenting have such a high reputation in the entrepreneurial world!
In this episode, we are going help you reach that next stage in your career, where you are one step closer to landing and delivering that inspiring speech at your ideal event. We’ll be looking at the ways in which you can approach securing these opportunities and then unpacking some tips and techniques to sharpen your presentation skills until they are razor sharp!
We also talk about finding your own niche in the market and choosing the approach that suits your ambitions. We cover some ideas for getting over nervousness and anxiety and also give a few examples of potential frameworks to use for your speeches.
So if this a goal in which you would like to take the next step, come with us as we give you the low down on the game of speaking!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why speaking is such a common goal for entrepreneurs. [0:04:01.2]
- The sacrifices and commitments that are a requirement of giving talks. [0:08:08.3]
- Landing speaking gigs through networking and relationships. [0:16:40.5]
- The active approaches to getting more speaking opportunities. [0:23:48.8]
- Pitching the result as a promotion strategy. [0:27:50.1]
- Starting with the transformation to jumpstart your game plan. [0:32:55.4]
- Small beginnings can grow to big successes. [0:34:01.9]
- Introducing, expanding and summarizing as a simple framework. [0:38:58.2]
- Putting yourself into the shoes of your ideal listener. [0:43:22.1]
- Using teaching as a tool for persuasion. [0:46:58.7]
- Recording yourself as a preparatory technique. [0:49:46.4]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/
- HoneyBook – https://www.honeybook.com/
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- 99U Conference — https://99u.adobe.com/
- ConvertKit Conference — https://conference.convertkit.com/
- World Domination Summit — https://worlddominationsummit.com/
- Amanda Boleyn — http://shediditherwaypodcast.com/amandaboleyn/
- She Did It Her Way — http://shediditherwaypodcast.com/
- Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
- Oprah — http://www.oprah.com/index.html
- Rob Bell — https://robbell.com/
- Resonate — https://www.amazon.com/Resonate-Present-Stories-Transform-Audiences/dp/0470632011
- Nancy Duarte — https://www.duarte.com/
- Steve Jobs — https://allaboutstevejobs.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.