I Got Some Exposure, Now What? (FS281)
Are you dying to follow up on a surge of engagement that your business recently experienced? Does your writing or content need that extra bit of juice and personality? Is something in your life making focusing on your business particularly difficult at the moment?
We go to the Fizzle forums and pick out these three questions from Fizzle members and answer them in depth for their and your benefit! The questions supply multiple layers of interesting discussion and Corbett and Chase rally try to get down to all that good stuff.
In this episode we talk about defining your mission, maintaining inspiration, connecting with an audience and studying the characteristics of great content. We also look at the challenge that grief can pose to your business and how to manage a period of trauma or disaster.
We also talk about the benefits of a difficult time, identifying your unique value and much more, so be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The amazing resource and community of the the Fizzle forums. [0:06:48.1]
- Learning to hit home-runs by repeatedly stepping to the plate. [0:08:18.2]
- Keeping the momentum of a surge of engagement going. [0:12:30.4]
- Stating your mission and defining your movement. [0:16:51.2]
- Mining your thoughts around a success for more inspiration. [0:22:37.7]
- Bringing more life, personality and relatability to your writing. [0:25:57.4]
- Identifying your own unique voice and value. [0:29:40.3]
- Prioritizing and studying good content in order to connect with your audience. [0:35:29.2]
- Managing difficult circumstances around business through a basic minimum. [0:40:27.5]
- Dealing with grief and asking the right questions about your obligations. [0:44:30.3]
- Which parts of your business to maintain through a rocky period. [0:48:39.1]
- The test that a transition period will put your business through. [0:52:01.6]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Joe Rogan — https://www.joerogan.com/
- Duncan Trussell — http://www.duncantrussell.com/
- This American Life — https://www.thisamericanlife.org/
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Jen Rao – https://clearyourlife.ca
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Yoda — https://www.starwars.com/databank/yoda
- James Clear — https://jamesclear.com/
- Sam Harris — https://samharris.org/
- Malcolm Gladwell — http://revisionisthistory.com/about
- Neil Strauss — https://www.neilstrauss.com/
- The Game — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/900.The_Game
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Hurricane Harvey — https://www.thebalance.com/hurricane-harvey-facts-damage-costs-4150087
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Energizer Planning Method Episode — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/energizer-planning-method-get-year-back-track-fs215
- 15 Minute Weekly Planner —https://www.courageandclarity.com/plan/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.