How a Group Program Might be the Right Next Step for Your Business (And How to do One!)
Are you looking to take your small business up a few notches? Does the idea of hosting fully grown online courses seem a little too daunting for where you are right now? Is there an intermediate step you can take to continue your progress?
Here at Fizzle we think the idea of a group program is the perfect way to take you to that next level. Although this format can take a few different forms, the basic idea remains quite simple and can be carried out without too much intensive organization and heavy inputs.
In this episode we’ll be talking about exactly what a group program can be and how it can help you and your business. Steph has been implementing group programs to great success and as such will be expanding on the ideas for all of our listening pleasure!
We also talk about the benefits this model can offer, potential pitfalls, preparation and avoiding the ‘experts dilemma’. We see the group program framework as offering multifaceted positives to any growing business and we finish by emphasizing the way in which it can crystalize your value offer and propel your company forward.
For an essential and currently trending conversation be sure to tune in and get it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The intermediate step up to the big leagues. [0:05:30.2]
- Why group programs might be a new big trend in business. [0:08:20.5]
- The three options for entrepreneurs dealing with information. [0:10:09.1]
- How group programs sit perfectly between the two other options. [0:15:26.5]
- Some examples from Steph’s experiences running group programs. [0:18:57.2]
- Immediate benefits from adopting this model for your business. [0:23:01.1]
- The level of expertise needed for pitching yourself in this way. [0:26:29.7]
- Balancing teaching and participant interaction during a group call. [0:30:38.0]
- Possible mistakes when starting your own group program for the first time. [0:39:55.8]
- Assessing your material and preparation for hosting a call. [0:45:25.6]
- Understanding the value you offer to prospective clients. [0:48:08.3]
- Avoiding the ‘experts dilemma’ and packaging a transformation. [0:50:20.2]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/
- HoneyBook — https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- PayPal — https://www.paypal.com/
- Crickets to Customers — http://cricketstocustomers.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.