Launch Expectations: How To Keep Your Momentum After A Good Or Bad One (FS312)
How do we manage the all important task of launching? What are the most important aspects on which we need to focus? How do we prepare and reflect in order to keep improving and learning?
The topic of launching is something that all entrepreneurs, no matter how experienced, should be very familiar with. It is the birthing of your ideas into the real world, the conversion of plans into an actual business. So we are giving you the run down of how to make this process and particularly your reactions to it, that much more meaningful, rewarding and enjoyable.
In this episode, we discuss the ideas of expectations, mindsets, goals and preparation. We also get into the major contributing factors to your experience of a launch, unpacking community, tools and attitude.
Today on the show we are joined by Sarah Peck, founder of Startup Pregnant, a New York City based company dedicated to enlarging the voices of women in business. She shares loads of wisdom, learned in her own career and recent endeavors that inform her attitude towards launches.
For all of this and more, be sure to join us, today!
Key Points From This Expectations Episode:
- A little about Sarah’s work, philosophy and company. [0:06:04.4]
- Launching and the feeling of birthing something new into the world. [0:08:36.8]
- Expectations, hopes and mindsets and the effects of these. [0:12:55.6]
- Grounding yourself and realistic goal setting. [0:18:45.3]
- The vital importance of your scene and the minds around you. [0:25:01.8]
- Healthy and stable ways of dealing with the results of a launch. [0:29:25.2]
- Some of Sarah’s recent experiences launching. [0:33:35.7]
- Sarah’s fundamental goals for her business in aiding her calling. [0:41:15.1]
- Careful selection of the variable elements of your business. [0:44:32.7]
- Interesting reflections from Sarah’s latest signup process. [0:48:50.4]
- The hopeful entrepreneurial spirit and eternal space for improvement. [0:51:46.5]
- Community, platforms and tools for getting your ideas out into the world. [0:55:14.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle
- Sarah Peck — https://www.sarahkpeck.com
- Startup Pregnant — https://startuppregnant.com
- The Wise Women’s Council — https://startuppregnant.com/wise-womens-council-startup-pregnant-mastermind/
- Bulletproof Coffee — https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/
- Jim Rohn — https://www.jimrohn.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com
- Jay Z — http://lifeandtimes.com
- Ellen Degeneres — https://www.ellentube.com
- Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com
- Brian Eno — http://www.brian-eno.net
- Russian Doll — https://www.netflix.com/title/80211627
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.