Launch Expectations: How To Keep Your Momentum After A Good Or Bad One (FS312)
How do we manage the all important task of launching? What are the most important aspects on which we need to focus? How do we prepare and reflect in order to keep improving and learning?
The topic of launching is something that all entrepreneurs, no matter how experienced, should be very familiar with. It is the birthing of your ideas into the real world, the conversion of plans into an actual business. So we are giving you the run down of how to make this process and particularly your reactions to it, that much more meaningful, rewarding and enjoyable.
In this episode, we discuss the ideas of expectations, mindsets, goals and preparation. We also get into the major contributing factors to your experience of a launch, unpacking community, tools and attitude.
Today on the show we are joined by Sarah Peck, founder of Startup Pregnant, a New York City based company dedicated to enlarging the voices of women in business. She shares loads of wisdom, learned in her own career and recent endeavors that inform her attitude towards launches.
For all of this and more, be sure to join us, today!
Key Points From This Expectations Episode:
- A little about Sarah’s work, philosophy and company. [0:06:04.4]
- Launching and the feeling of birthing something new into the world. [0:08:36.8]
- Expectations, hopes and mindsets and the effects of these. [0:12:55.6]
- Grounding yourself and realistic goal setting. [0:18:45.3]
- The vital importance of your scene and the minds around you. [0:25:01.8]
- Healthy and stable ways of dealing with the results of a launch. [0:29:25.2]
- Some of Sarah’s recent experiences launching. [0:33:35.7]
- Sarah’s fundamental goals for her business in aiding her calling. [0:41:15.1]
- Careful selection of the variable elements of your business. [0:44:32.7]
- Interesting reflections from Sarah’s latest signup process. [0:48:50.4]
- The hopeful entrepreneurial spirit and eternal space for improvement. [0:51:46.5]
- Community, platforms and tools for getting your ideas out into the world. [0:55:14.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle
- Sarah Peck — https://www.sarahkpeck.com
- Startup Pregnant — https://startuppregnant.com
- The Wise Women’s Council — https://startuppregnant.com/wise-womens-council-startup-pregnant-mastermind/
- Bulletproof Coffee — https://blog.bulletproof.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/
- Jim Rohn — https://www.jimrohn.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com
- Jay Z — http://lifeandtimes.com
- Ellen Degeneres — https://www.ellentube.com
- Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com
- Brian Eno — http://www.brian-eno.net
- Russian Doll — https://www.netflix.com/title/80211627
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.