Yes You Can Earn an Independent Living Doing Something You Care About
Are you struggling to stay motivated in your business? Are you doubting your chops as an entrepreneur? Do you need a reminder of why you got into the game in the first place?
You need a REBOOT, a reminder about what’s actually possible in modern small business.
It’s common to lose vision, motivation and perspective, and you’re in the right place to get the shot in the arm (or gut) you desperately need.
Because when we’re losing perspective, that’s when dangerous mistakes are made.
So here’s the thing – I’m going to ask you to do something.
I want you to listen to something. It’s a panel discussion featuring some experts who have spent the last 5 years helping small business entrepreneurs succeed online.
Your motivation problem likely won’t get fixed by “browsing” another internet article.
So, take it the next step and listen in… grab a coffee, put on your shoes and go for a walk as you listen and get your mind completely rebooted about what’s POSSIBLE in entrepreneurship today.
This episode is all about making it through those difficult times, staying motivated and reaching the highs that made you pick this path in the beginning.
During this episode we’ll be speaking from personal experience, looking at the tough points and the mountain tops and asking why some of us choose to stick it out. Entrepreneurship is definitely not for everyone but if you have come this far, there is a good chance you are in the right place, right?
We also talk about deciding your own destiny, the infinite possibilities of running your own business, and what separates the committed from the slackers.
So if you need a shot of confidence, a little bit of a pep talk or just want to stay on track, this is the episode for you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The challenges of entrepreneurship and why it can sometimes get you down. [0:02:41.2]
- Deciding your entrepreneurial destiny and why it has to be you to choose. [0:05:19.3]
- The endless expanse of entrepreneurship and the exhilaration of this idea. [0:09:09.7]
- The difference between internal versus external centres of control. [0:14:29.3]
- Pat Flynn’s anecdote that taught Steph the power of finding her why. [0:21:27.8]
- Probable, profitable and why huge amounts of money are not the answer [0:27:07.2]
- The excitement of high revenue business and just earning a living. [0:31:01.1]
- Envy and the evils of comparison and an external control locus. [0:36:30.6]
- Differentiating factors between those that stay committed and the rest. [0:41:02.7]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Walt Disney — https://www.biography.com/people/walt-disney-9275533
- Steve Maxwell — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/possible-support-family-indie-business-yes-just-listen-fs245
- Steve Jobs — https://www.biography.com/people/steve-jobs-9354805
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Inception — https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/
- Taylor Swift- – https://taylorswift.com/
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Prince — https://www.officialprincemusic.com/
- Minimalist Baker — https://minimalistbaker.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.