Making The Sale — Three Essential Ingredients That Get Customers To Buy Now
If you’ve ever had high hopes about how good your sales were going to be… and then had those hopes destroyed by little to no results?
So often we see business owners who get super excited about launching a new product or service, and they have high hopes about making those sales.
They then proceed to put it out there, push it to social media, email their list, and give something away for free thinking that this is going to be “the thing” that lands them a ton of sales.
But instead, they are met with disappointment and little to no sales at all. So why does that happen?
It happens all the time — we think our sales efforts are going to have bigger results than they actually get.
Why? Because we haven’t yet learned how to make the sale happen NOW.
It’s simple stuff, but many fresh entrepreneurs still haven’t learned how to do it.
Today on the show we talk about:
- making the sale,
- how to avoid the post-launch disappointment,
- and the three essential elements for getting someone to take action and purchase what you have to offer, today!
Inside this episode, we dive into the common scenarios that business owners face when launching a new product or service and why things go so terribly wrong despite having the greatest of intentions for their success.
We also discuss the three ingredients that are necessary for getting someone to buy right now — the essential things that you might be missing your sales efforts. There are things you have to do to get someone to actually make the sale. It is not enough to simply put in the effort and commit to the hustle. It is absolutely key to nurture your audience, warm up your leads, and give them a reason to buy and a reason to buy right now.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Most common examples of failed launches that most business owners face. [0:03:32.0]
- The deflating mental state that is experienced after an unsuccessful launch . [0:07:38.0]
- Common misconceptions of having a big email list; will they buy? [0:11:10.0]
- Understanding if your email list subscribers are qualified to buy your offer. [0:16:06.0]
- Allowing your email list to get to know you better before asking them to buy. [0:18:42.0]
- Why you should not “catfish” your customers; avoiding the bait and switch. [0:21:16.0]
- The process of qualifying a lead and identifying those who are interested. [0:23:31.0]
- Identifying your buyers who are either warm or cold. [0:26:59.0]
- Channels to use got warming up a lead and nurturing a lead. [0:32:31.0]
- Understand the concept of selling vitamins versus painkillers. [0:37:00.0]
- Creating an urgency to purchase by using a launch model instead of an ever-green model. [0:39:01.0]
- Why their reason to buy is based on how well you have nurtured your audience. [0:49:11.0]
- Provide enough details about your offer to debunk the myths and objections. [0:54:50.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- FreshBooks — https://freshbooks.com/fizzle
- Storyblocks — https://www.storyblocks.com/fizzle
- Henry Rollins on The Iron — https://chasereeves.net/2013/henry-rollins-on-the-iron/
- Think Traffic — http://thinktraffic.net
- Defining Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/library/defining-your-audience
- Daily Direction Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Start A Blog That Matters — https://fizzle.co/sabtm
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.