My Business Is Having A Midlife Crisis (FS318)
Is the success that you have now what you set out for? When you reach a milestone in your business does it live up to the expectations you had? Are you where you are supposed to be?
These are burning questions a lot of us, as entrepreneurs, have and that we, at the Fizzle Show, are going to try and help you answer. We are all on a constantly evolving path and analyzing and becoming comfortable on this journey is at least half the battle!
In this episode we pose the questions that are related to this somewhat elusive idea. We talk about what is most meaningful and fulfilling in your work and in your life in general and we consider how displacing some of the stresses of working solely on your own business can lead to more contentment and success!
We also talk about creating and telling real stories, finding where you need to be and share three big tips for fining your ideal lifestyle and work within that. So for all this and more great ideas to boot, be sure to join us on the Fizzle Show today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s question and topic. [0:04:40.5]
- Is the successful business you have what you really wanted? [0:07:07.7]
- Why the actual work is more meaningful than the money. [0:13:01.2]
- Your business as a life source and journey. [0:17:29.5]
- Weighing up the challenges of your own business versus a day job. [0:21:02.3]
- Real stories as opposed to oversimplified business strategies. [0:27:13.8]
- The idea that being where you need to be makes things easy. [0:33:23.6]
- A journalling practice and the metrics that allow you find what leads to success. [0:38:32.1]
- Purpose, desire, metrics and designing your life and business around these. [0:42:02.6]
- The ever changing nature of your own purpose and fulfillment. [0:48:03.7]
- Three tips for more clearly developing your vision. [0:50:21.3]
- It’s magical and beautiful where you are! [0:55:21.8]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com
- Sarah Peck — https://www.sarahkpeck.com
- Fizzle Show Episode 312 with Sarah Peck — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/https-fizzle-co-sparkline-how-to-keep-your-momentum-after-a-good-or-bad-launch-fs312
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- The Simpsons — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096697/
- Adam Sandler — https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001191/
- Fizzle Show Episode 290 To Scale or Not to Scale — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/how-to-grow-with-intention-avoid-growth-for-growths-sake-fs290
- Jim Collins — https://www.jimcollins.com
- Tim Ferriss — https://tim.blog
- Bill Murray — https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Abraham-Hicks — http://www.abraham-hicks.com
- Prince — https://www.prince.com
- Ramit Sethi — https://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com
- Fizzle Show Episode 314 Ramit Sethi — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/how-to-start-a-business-without-a-passion-fs314
- Chase Reeves ConvertKit Talk — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5Is23YtKs
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
Earn a living doing something you love.
Grow an audience and get paid for your work as an independent creator. Fizzle is where creators come to learn, share and make progress toward their online dreams.
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
8 Experiments to Spice Up Your Podcasting Routine
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Introducing Fizzle 2.0
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
The Secret to Creating Consistent Content (that nobody’s talking about)
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
The EXITpreneur’s Playbook with Joe Valley
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
R&D Tax Credits with Tiffany Bisconer
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
Behind the Scenes: Fizzle 2.0
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.