How to Get Over The Fear of Niching Down (Niche Down For What!?)
Much has been said about the idea of niching down as an entrepreneur, but how important is it? And how niche do you need to go?
What is niching down? Is your business niche enough to be successful today? Niche down for what?!
We’re here to help you figure all of this out and get your business as focused as it needs to be.
In this episode, we’ll help you understand what niching down means in a contemporary climate before addressing the potential negative side of going too niche. We also look at the idea of focus and how it can be used in conjunction with these principles. The team offers some concrete methods for finding your niche and help discern fears and how to turn these off.
We also talk about finding your audience, scratching your own itch and a few other ways to naturally specify your product or service.
So if you are looking to clarify your mission, accentuate your company and want to niche down in the right way, this is the episode for you! Tune in to get it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Does niching down still work today? [0:05:30.2]
- The line between niching down and going to far with novelty. [0:09:12.5]
- Why niches are, in some ways, an illusion. [0:12:01.3]
- Auto-mechanics and the lesson they teaches us about focus and niching down. [0:15:43.2]
- The compound effect of focus and the benefits of this exercise. [0:19:03.8]
- Niching down as a way to appeal to customers. [0:21:37.1]
- Standing out through focussing and finding your niche. [0:22:46.8]
- Marketing benefits to being more niche with your business. [0:24:50.5]
- Some of the fears that are related to narrowing your niche. [0:26:20.7]
- Where this fear really comes from and why it is not actually about niching down. [0:33:29.3]
- Overcoming the fear of perceptions and failure. [0:37:12.2]
- How to get down to working on niching your business. [0:42:08.9]
- Finding an audience with a specific problem. [0:49:25.6]
- Scratching your own itch as a way to find your niche! [0:51:01.2]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Lil’ Jon — http://liljon.com/
- Turn Down for What — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
- Spanx — https://www.spanx.com/
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.