How to Get Over The Fear of Niching Down (Niche Down For What!?)
Much has been said about the idea of niching down as an entrepreneur, but how important is it? And how niche do you need to go?
What is niching down? Is your business niche enough to be successful today? Niche down for what?!
We’re here to help you figure all of this out and get your business as focused as it needs to be.
In this episode, we’ll help you understand what niching down means in a contemporary climate before addressing the potential negative side of going too niche. We also look at the idea of focus and how it can be used in conjunction with these principles. The team offers some concrete methods for finding your niche and help discern fears and how to turn these off.
We also talk about finding your audience, scratching your own itch and a few other ways to naturally specify your product or service.
So if you are looking to clarify your mission, accentuate your company and want to niche down in the right way, this is the episode for you! Tune in to get it all!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Does niching down still work today? [0:05:30.2]
- The line between niching down and going to far with novelty. [0:09:12.5]
- Why niches are, in some ways, an illusion. [0:12:01.3]
- Auto-mechanics and the lesson they teaches us about focus and niching down. [0:15:43.2]
- The compound effect of focus and the benefits of this exercise. [0:19:03.8]
- Niching down as a way to appeal to customers. [0:21:37.1]
- Standing out through focussing and finding your niche. [0:22:46.8]
- Marketing benefits to being more niche with your business. [0:24:50.5]
- Some of the fears that are related to narrowing your niche. [0:26:20.7]
- Where this fear really comes from and why it is not actually about niching down. [0:33:29.3]
- Overcoming the fear of perceptions and failure. [0:37:12.2]
- How to get down to working on niching your business. [0:42:08.9]
- Finding an audience with a specific problem. [0:49:25.6]
- Scratching your own itch as a way to find your niche! [0:51:01.2]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Lil’ Jon — http://liljon.com/
- Turn Down for What — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
- Spanx — https://www.spanx.com/
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.