One Calendar Tip To Help You Stay Positive, Creative And Engaged In Your Business
Do you struggle to fit in all your commitments? Is your calendar getting the better of you? Does your schedule make you want to run away from it?
As entrepreneurs we have to manage our time – it is one of the constants in the game. As business owners, the open-ended nature of our time can be daunting, especially when there is usually so much you could be doing!
In this episode, we talk about a new way to look at your schedule and organize your calendar. By thematizing your day or week you can save loads of time and energy. It is a system that we at Fizzle all use to varying degrees and is flexible enough that you can tailor it to your own needs perfectly.
Here on the show today we are joined by Mike Vardy to help us unpack these concepts of time blocking and calendar themes. Mike is a productivity expert and coach who has built a career around improving the systems we use to get things done.
We also talk about splitting your days and weeks into ‘A’ and ‘B’ categories, the disastrous effects that bad planning can have, transition times, and using your schedule to guide your calendar.
So if you would like to up your productivity massively, decrease stress and just make your whole life better, we guarantee this is an episode you are going to want to check out!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Steph’s implementation of ‘A’ and ‘B’ weeks with her own business. [0:05:46.7]
- The negligence of planning and the later effects of this. [0:09:26.3]
- Slowing down and taking control of your schedule. [0:12:01.2]
- How to space out your transitions from different work modes. [0:13:11.4]
- Defining your days and weeks and including things other than work. [0:18:19.6]
- Using time blocking and creating a framework for theming your week. [0:22:12.8]
- Working backwards naturally from certainties and obligations. [0:25:41.6]
- The theory behind why batching and theming is beneficial. [0:28:50.4]
- Taking control of your life and getting worked by your calendar in the right way. [0:38:04.2]
- Letting your monthly or weekly themes guide and focus your days. [0:40:23.1]
- Reclaiming a week that is getting the better of you. [0:43:39.4]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- HoneyBook – https://www.honeybook.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- ConvertKit — https://fizzle.co/convertkit
- Mike Vardy — https://productivityist.com/
- Courage and Clarity Podcast — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Jim Rohn — https://www.success.com/profile/jim-rohn
- Asana — https://asana.com/
- OmniFocus — https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus
- Ken Burns’ Jazz Series — http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/jazz/home/
- Flow — https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Psychology-Experience-Perennial-Classics/dp/0061339202/
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi — https://positivepsychologyprogram.com/mihaly-csikszentmihalyi-father-of-flow/
- The Five Minute Journal — https://www.amazon.com/Five-Minute-Journal-Happier-Minutes/dp/0991846206
- The Gift — https://www.amazon.com/Gift-Creative-Spirit-Transforms-World/dp/1841959936
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.