Please Don’t Jump! The Entrepreneurial Leap Myth (FS297)
Becoming an entrepreneur means taking risks, right? Does this leap of faith have to be super perilous and terrifying? Are there ways in which you can take the necessary risks that suit you and your business and ensure the highest chance of success?
These are questions that prospective and even full time business owners have to answer all the time. Here at Fizzle, as supposed successful entrepreneurs we are still plagued by these issues and the concerns that come along with them!
In this episode, we unpack all of our thoughts about the transition, big jump or leap of faith to chasing your dream job. We talk about the usefulness of day jobs in making your vision possible, the different types of risk involved, taking advantage of opportunity and the things that can help you control this overwhelming experience.
We also talk about common misconceptions, power versus force and getting ready for take-off.
For this and much more, be sure to join for this episode!
Today’s episode of The Fizzle Show is brought to you by Bench, the largest bookkeeping service for small business owners like you. With Bench, a team of real humans do your books for you, and deliver tax-ready financial statements so you can know exactly what the financial health of your business is, every month.
Bench is offering a free month of bookkeeping to Fizzle Show listeners. Sign up, and Bench will do a full month of your books at no charge. Then, if you decide Bench is right for you, get 20% off your first six months—just for being a friend of Fizzle. Bench does your bookkeeping for you, so you can focus on running your business.
Sign up for free: https://bench.co/partner/fizzle/
Key Points From This Episode:
- Funding your dream through a corporate job. [0:07:52.6]
- Shortening runways and holding onto income before flight is possible. [0:12:42.4]
- Maintaining a solid footing while transitioning into entrepreneurship. [0:15:17]
- Misconceptions around starting a successful business. [0:17:50.2]
- The difference between ego and financial types of risk. [0:23:04.1]
- Rebranding yourself, identity risks and the finality of making the jump. [0:26:18.8]
- The potential of failure and balancing this with grand ideas. [0:33:30.5]
- Moments of opportunity and reacting with the appropriate force. [0:40:01.4]
- A business’ relationship with time and public perception. [0:44:30.3]
- Putting yourself out there and creating good fortune through preparation. [0:45:55.4]
- The constant feeling of exhilaration. [48:30.0]
- Controlling what you can with a goal and a timeline. [0:55:08.2]
- Finding a risk option that suits you best and freedom from fear. [0:57:50.2]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Chase’s Special LA Event
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/
- Leadership and Self Deception — https://www.amazon.com/Leadership-Self-Deception-Getting-Out-Box/dp/1576759776
- Rumi — https://www.khamush.com/poems.html
- Dr David Hawkins — http://www.spiritualteachers.org/david-hawkins/
- Peter Gabriel — https://petergabriel.com/
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Jason Fried — https://www.ted.com/speakers/jason_fried
- David Heinemeier Hansson — https://david.heinemeierhansson.com/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Smart Passive Income — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://vitals.agency/blog/author/aiden/
- Steph Crowder — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.