Proper Planning – How to do the right things, in the right order, in the right amount (FS325)
A business cannot start with at least some planning, right?
How important are the planning stages of your journey?
How do we ensure that we are planning enough, not too much and not too little?
Planning should be given due attention but should not take over all your time and detract from other important areas. If you can balance your planning appropriately and make good decisions in the beginning you can set off on the right foot without obsessing over it!
In this episode we are helping you to answer the questions, “Where am I going? What paths are available? Where should I start?” We do not want you to get lost in the questions that inevitably arise and will always do so, you need to be able to have purpose and direction when laying out your plans.
Today on the show we are joined by Joe Kerns, who is a business psychology, mental resilience expert and someone who is more than qualified in today’s topic. Joe loves helping motivated people see and seize the opportunities that can often slip through their fingers.
We also talk about doing the right things, in the right order and in the right amount, the specifics of planning and how a general, unfocused attitude to the task can set you way back. All that and much more on the show today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A last chance to get in on the Fizzle Jump Start Bundle. [0:03:29.2]
- Joe’s way to look at planning in the early stages. [0:06:05.8]
- Shooting yourself in the foot with the wrong planning. [0:09:55.3]
- Making sure you have enough energy for what you you actually need to do. [0:15:04.4]
- The components of the planning stage; designing your business journey. [0:21:20.3]
- Perfectionist mindsets, obsessive questioning of everything and whimsy. [0:24:01.7]
- Two many balls in your juggling routine and wasting energy. [0:29:46.4]
- Wrong signals, measuring the right metrics and staying clearheaded throughout. [0:33:12.2]
- The distinction between a dream and a business that solves a real problem. [0:39:21.7]
- Get specific about your business and what you will be planning. [0:42:20.8]
- The wrongful expectation that customer conversations will be damaging. [0:48:51.4]
- Curiosity and courting your business, audience and service. [0:53:58.6]
- Centering your approach and planning on finances and viability. [0:59:01.2]
And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- Seth Godin — https://seths.blog/
- Trello — https://trello.com
- Peter Drucker — https://www.drucker.institute/perspective/about-peter-drucker/
- Atomic Habits — https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Habits-Proven-Build-Break/dp/0735211299
- James Clear — https://jamesclear.com/
- Inside Out — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096673/
- Teachable — https://teachable.com/
- The Black Godfather — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10289996/
- Fizzle Customer Conversations Course — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/customer-conversations
- MacGyver — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399045/
- Dan Brown — http://danbrown.com/
- Neil Gaiman — http://www.neilgaiman.com/
- Masterclass — https://www.masterclass.com
- Fizzle Define Your Audience Course — https://fizzle.co/guides/defining-your-audience
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Work With Chase — https://www.workwithchase.com/
- Courage & Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein?refsrc
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chasereeves
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.