“I’m Being Pulled in Too Many Directions!” — How to Thrive as an Entrepreneur
Do you have numerous forces pulling you in multiple directions? Are you spread too thin to cover your bases? Is this all part of being an entrepreneur?
As business owners and go-getters, we often have many demands on our time and energy. A fair amount of these are usually self-imposed. It can be draining, derailing and disheartening to feel overwhelmed or confused by the multi-directional pull.
In this episode, we dissect exactly what it is that pulls at us and why, before breaking down how to get over this common occurrence. Having a lot to do, loads of ideas, big plans and a schedule full of meetings do not have to be a negative thing!
We also talk about the reasons that these feelings arise, the tendency towards the negative, reasonable goals and simplifying your load. All this so you can stay focused on what really matters and get your business booming!
Join us as the Fizzle team helps you find your compass, lay out your map and set off in the right direction!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Doing the work of multiple departments as one person. [0:04:59.1]
- The tendency to focus on the parts of your work that are failing. [0:08:38.6]
- The dangers of being spread too thin. [0:12:25.5]
- The increase in aspirational entrepreneurship in the last decade. [0:15.50.9]
- The underbelly of ambition and the weaknesses within strength. [0:18:39.8]
- Getting to a reasonable amount of results to satisfy your needs. [0:24:50.2]
- Culling the number of directions in which you are pulled. [0:29:43.7]
- Sidestepping a default mode that can often lead you astray. [0:34:30.4]
- Getting into a cycle of pro-action instead of reaction. [0:38:58.2]
- Reinstating the joy of work through a process of simplification and ownership. [0:44:37.4]
- Removing clutter from your business and cleaning out the mess. [0:46:03.2]
- The power of exertion when it is under your control. [0:53:35.7]
- Setting daily goals and a standard bar to put your mind at ease. [0:55:24.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- ConvertKit — https://convertkit.com/partner/fizzle
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com
- Chase Reeves Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves
- Live Your Best Life Now – https://www.amazon.com/Your-Best-Life-Now-Potential/dp/1455532282
- Seth Godin – http://sethgodin.strikingly.com/
- Rob Bell – https://robbell.com/
- The Robcast – https://robbell.com/portfolio/robcast/
- Elizabeth Gilbert – https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- Tim Ferris – https://tim.blog/
- Michael Pollan – https://michaelpollan.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.