Save Your Business from the YES Monster: Learn How to Say NO Effectively (FS299)
When should we say no to opportunities? How do we balance saying yes and no to these to our advantage? What are the tips and tricks for making the right choices in business?
We all have constant chances to say yes and no to things, whether in our business or personal lives. Here at Fizzle, we have noticed the huge impact that making the right choice in these situations can have on your trajectory, specifically your ability to say no.
In this episode, we break down the particulars of this somewhat challenging question. We really try to get through when it might be a good time to refuse or turn down a request or offer. We look at it from the perspective of different types of entrepreneurs and help you to build a model that suits you.
We also talk about tips and tricks, a decision making frameworks and the evolution of your business and psychology. There are a number of factors that have to be constantly juggled and reassessed and we are here to help you with work all of that out!
For all this and more, join for another great episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
• The task of learning to say no gracefully. [0:04:04.3]
• Different entrepreneurial responses to business opportunities. [0:06:39.6]
• The effect of saying yes and the dilution of follow through. [0:10:17.2]
• Feeder fish mentality and valuing your own time. [0:16:35.2]
• Corbett and Chase’s early partnership in this context. [0:21:41.7]
• The balancing of your limited time and saying no to your own ideas. [0:26:01.4]
• What to say yes to, what to say no to. [0:31:25.8]
• Frameworks, matrices and strategies for making decisions. [0:34:58.3]
• Switching your default answer to no and maintaining empty space. [0:39:40.2]
• Leaving gaps for reflection and intellectual refreshment. [0:44:35.6]
• Tips and tricks for saying no effectively and gracefully. [0:49:45.3]
• Don’t be a donkey! [1:01:52.2]
• And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
• Chase’s Special LA Event – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-revenant-process-jan-31st-feb-3rd-2019-tickets-52378590775
• Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
• Rover — https://www.rover.com/fizzle
• Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
• Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
• Steven Covey — https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html
• Ram Dass — https://www.ramdass.org/
• Mark Twain — https://www.britannica.com/biography/Mark-Twain
• Seth Godin — https://www.sethgodin.com/
• Aiden Fishbein — https://twitter.com/megafishbein
• Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
• Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
• Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
• Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
• Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
• Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
• Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
• Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
• Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
• Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
• Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
• Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.