SEO Wizardry, Extroversion, and Overlapping Passions with Brendan Hufford (FS339)
On this edition of Fizzle Friday, we welcome Brendan Hufford, longtime Fizzle member and SEO wizard! He details his evolving entrepreneurial journey, doing SEO his way, and illustrates what his success has looked like over the years.
We discuss Brendan’s numerous business ventures and how he has pivoted several times and describes life at the agency where he spends most of his time. He has found a sweet spot between his talents and passions representing another example of someone who has created a sustainable lifestyle doing something he cares about.
Today on the show we are also joined by Fizzle regulars, Jen Rao and Joe Kerns to take part in the discussion! This Friday episode is the first part of two and in next week’s episode, we will be doing a Q & A with Brendan and our panel, so make sure to catch that one as well!
Join us for this Fizzle Friday and hear it all!
Today’s episode is brought to you by…
Our Start a Blog Challenge and Big Annual Sale!
If you’ve been looking to learn how to capture attention and get traction online, this bundle is your golden ticket.
You’ll get access to over 100 hours of instruction from experts on growing an audience, earning revenue, and everything in between. To make sure you’ve got all the help you need, you’ll even get access to weekly live coaching, our supportive and knowledgeable community, and The Affiliate Marketing Video Course from the expert himself, Matt Giovanisci… heck, you’ll even get premium web hosting with Flywheel to host your website and a personal blog evaluation by one of us on the Fizzle team!
Click here to join the party…and get one step closer to Mai Tais and building a business you love.
Key Points From This SEO Episode:
- A little introduction to Brendan and his business! [0:02:50.6]
- Brendan’s pivot from his jiu-jitsu based businesses around 2015. [0:06:12.3]
- The agency where Brendan currently works. [0:12:30.2]
- Hopes for the future and working for a better tomorrow. [0:15:40.1]
- Combining two or more interests and finding success in where they overlap. [0:17:00.8]
- Comparing an aligned hustle with a lifestyle full of context-switching and different work. [0:22:35.5]
- The financial independence that allowed Brendan to buy a brand new van! [0:25:20.3]
- Brendan’s 100 Days of SEO project and other things he is busy with. [0:27:10.8]
- Advice from Brendan to entrepreneurs who feel unsure of their future. [0:29:35.5]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co
- Fly Wheel — https://getflywheel.com
- Matt Giovansci — https://www.moneylab.co/
- Brendan Hufford — https://brendanhufford.com
- Photo MBA — https://photomba.net
- Gretchen Rubin — https://gretchenrubin.com
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://app.fizzle.co/courses/small-business-roadmap
- Overlap — https://www.amazon.com/Overlap-Start-Business-Working-Full-Time/dp/B074PZY9SW
- Scott Adams — https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/business/media/scott-adams-dilbert-gilroy.html
- Dilbert — https://dilbert.com/
- Casey Neistat — https://www.caseyneistat.com/
- Steve Jobs — https://www.biography.com/business-figure/steve-jobs
- Quora — https://www.quora.com
- Swim University — https://www.swimuniversity.com
- Lasso — https://getlasso.co
- Brew Cabin — https://www.brewcabin.com/
- Roasty Coffee — https://www.roastycoffee.com
- Tai Lopez — https://www.tailopez.com
- 100 Days of SEO — https://100daysofseo.com
- Corbett Barr — https://corbettbarr.com
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.