Expert SEO and Podcast Growth Q&A with Brendan Hufford (FS341)
Welcome to Part 2 of our Fizzle Friday show with Brendan Hufford. In this episode, we have several questions for Brendan to follow up from last Friday when we discussed SEO, so if you haven’t listened to episode 339 yet, make sure you do!
Brendan fields a bunch of our questions, from the team and the Fizzle audience, about link-building, Google algorithm changes, and keyword funnels.
Trust us, you are not going to want to miss this essential exploration of SEO from a true expert!
Today on the show we are also joined by Fizzle regulars, Jen Rao and Joe Kerns to take part in the Q&A, so it promises to be a jam-packed show, full of learning. The conversation also covers building real and beneficial business relationships, growing a podcast audience and much more!
Tune in to get it all!
Today’s episode is brought to you by…
Our Start a Blog Challenge and Big Annual Sale!
If you’ve been looking to learn how to capture attention and get traction online, this bundle is your golden ticket.
You’ll get access to over 100 hours of instruction from experts on growing an audience, earning revenue, and everything in between. To make sure you’ve got all the help you need, you’ll even get access to weekly live coaching, our supportive and knowledgeable community, and The Affiliate Marketing Video Course from the expert himself, Matt Giovanisci… heck, you’ll even get premium web hosting with Flywheel to host your website and a personal blog evaluation by one of us on the Fizzle team!
The challenge begins on September 23rd, so don’t wait!
Click here to join the party…and get one step closer to Mai Tais and building a business you love.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Explaining link-building and why it is still important today. [0:02:30.5]
- How Brendan thinks about linking between websites. [0:06:03.7]
- Using real relationship and friends to build up a network of links. [0:10:20.1]
- Updates on Google’s recent algorithm changes and the effects to average sites. [0:14:23.3]
- General strategies for staying on the right side of Google! [0:20:15.7]
- Bottom of funnel keywords and how valuable they can be to your ranking. [0:24:01.4]
- Brendan’s advice for growing a podcast audience through SEO and engagement. [0:27:09.2]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Brendan Hufford — https://brendanhufford.com
- Ahrefs — https://ahrefs.com
- Neil Patel — https://neilpatel.com
- Brian Dean — https://backlinko.com
- Ultimate Sales Machine — https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Sales-Machine-Turbocharge-Relentless/dp/1591842158
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com
- Chris Ducker — https://www.chrisducker.com
- World Domination Summit — https://worlddominationsummit.com
- ConvertKit Conference — https://conference.convertkit.com/
- Fiverr — https://www.fiverr.com/
- 100 Days of SEO — https://100daysofseo.com
- Article Marketing Robot — http://www.articlemarketingrobot.com
- The Best Spinner — https://thebestspinner.com/v4/
- Ruebn Gamez — https://www.linkedin.com/in/rugamez
- Docsketch — https://www.docsketch.com/
- HelloSign — https://www.hellosign.com
- DocuSign — https://www.docusign.com
- Drift — https://www.intercom.com/
- Intercom — https://www.intercom.com/
- Vegetarian Zen — https://www.vegetarianzen.com
- Breakthrough Advertising — https://www.breakthroughadvertisingbook.com
- Side Hustle School — https://sidehustleschool.com
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fizzle
- Fizzle Just Ship It Challenge — https://app.fizzle.co/just-ship-it-challenge
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
- Fly Wheel — https://getflywheel.com
- Matt Giovansci — https://www.moneylab.co/
- Jen Rao — https://clearyourlife.ca
- Corbett Barr — https://corbettbarr.com
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.