Do You Have To Spend Money To Make Money?
Is it true that you need to spend money in order to make money? Are you waiting for cash flow to succeed in your business? How far does financial invest take your work?
We are here to tell you that, although money is not going to hurt your business, spending it will not necessarily ensure its success.
In this episode, we traverse the idea of how and when you can spend money as an entrepreneur and when it might not even be necessary at all.
Money Isn’t Magic
Here at Fizzle, we often talk about these ins and outs, but it’s a great reminder to take the focus away from the money that can and must be spent, and keep everything in perspective.
We also talk about over-reliance on strategy, money philosophies and staying trained on why you started your business in the first place.
We look at websites, design, copywriting and advertising and the team give their opinions across the board on how to answer the questions that these areas raise.
So jump right in with us as we break down how and when you should put money into your business, so that you get the most out!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The questions that arise for new business owners. [0:04:24.3]
- Different kinds of business models and how this relates to the necessary money. [0:07:02.3]
- The real challenge of starting and running a business. [0:11:41.2]
- Over-reliance on strategy and the truth about money philosophy. [0:13:51.3]
- Maintaining the joy of the business alongside marketing. [0:19:41.2]
- Getting out of the rat race and off of the hamster wheel. [0:21:30.2]
- Why passive income is often not completely passive. [0:26:31.8]
- Figuring out the definition of what a comfortable life is for you. [0:29:51.2]
- Getting over the fear of failure and the pursuit of perfection. [0:32:39.6]
- Spending money on building a website. [0:33:49.2]
- Why design doesn’t matter as much as you think it does. [0:40:27.1]
- The power and weaknesses of copywriting. [0:44:25.6]
- Weighing the value of Facebook Ads as a business tool. [0:49:13.9]
- Useful resources for deciding when and where to spend money. [0:51:59.9]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle Web Design Course
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide
- Tesla – https://www.tesla.com/
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things — https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18176747-the-hard-thing-about-hard-things
- Inbox Zero — https://lifehacker.com/282544/merlin-mann-presents-inbox-zero
- Jess Lively — http://jesslively.com/
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Seth Godin — http://sethgodin.strikingly.com/
- Elizabeth Gilbert — https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
- WordPress — https://wordpress.com/
- Claire Pelletreau — https://clairepells.com/
- StoryBrand — https://storybrand.com/
- Courtney Foster-Donahue — http://courtneyfosterdonahue.com/
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.