The Best Place to Work as an Entrepreneur (FS301)
Where should you work? What are the options when it comes to choosing a workspace? What are the most important things to consider when finding your space?
As entrepreneurs we have the option of choosing our workspace. It is one of the blessings afforded this lifestyle, but can also have a huge impact on the success and failure of your projects.
In this episode, we break down the subject and try our best to unpack the issue in a way that helps you get some more clarity on the location for the magic to happen. This workspace might evolve and grow as you do, so we also want to give you the tools and ideas that aid this process.
We also talk about the three main avenues for spaces where you can work, these being home, an office and public spaces like cafes. We each give our personal experience with these places and share some pros and cons for you listening pleasure!
For all of this and much more, be sure to join us on the show today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding your own best workspace according to your season. [0:04:52.5]
- The laptop lifestyle and different modes of work. [0:07:43.2]
- Using a particular space for a particular project or job. [0:12:15.6]
- Learning your own strengths and weaknesses. [0:14:51.8]
- The life changing magic of tidying up. [0:19:10.5]
- Some of the challenges of a home workspace. [0:22:02.3]
- Distractions, evolving offices and scheduling home work. [0:26:01.1]
- Treating workspaces like productivity systems. [0:31:40.6]
- Choosing where to work by what you are working on today. [0:35:40.5]
- The experience and lessons of working from home. [0:40:28.8]
- Weighing rented offices and co-working spaces. [0:50:15.9]
- The pros and cons of working in public spaces like a cafe. [0:58:21.4]
- The impact that your work and where you do it can have. [1:01:30.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle
- Bird Box — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2737304/
- Office Space — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/
- The Office — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290978/?ref_=nv_sr_2
- A Quiet Place — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/
- Trello — https://trello.com/en
- Asana — https://asana.com/
- Evernote — https://evernote.com/
- Marie Kondo — https://konmari.com/
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up — https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo — https://www.netflix.com/za/title/80209379
- WeWork — https://www.wework.com/
- Ready Player One — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/
- William Faulkner — https://www.britannica.com/biography/William-Faulkner
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Jordan Peterson — https://jordanbpeterson.com/
- Alan Watts — https://blog.mindvalley.com/alan-watts/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.