The Best Place to Work as an Entrepreneur (FS301)
Where should you work? What are the options when it comes to choosing a workspace? What are the most important things to consider when finding your space?
As entrepreneurs we have the option of choosing our workspace. It is one of the blessings afforded this lifestyle, but can also have a huge impact on the success and failure of your projects.
In this episode, we break down the subject and try our best to unpack the issue in a way that helps you get some more clarity on the location for the magic to happen. This workspace might evolve and grow as you do, so we also want to give you the tools and ideas that aid this process.
We also talk about the three main avenues for spaces where you can work, these being home, an office and public spaces like cafes. We each give our personal experience with these places and share some pros and cons for you listening pleasure!
For all of this and much more, be sure to join us on the show today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding your own best workspace according to your season. [0:04:52.5]
- The laptop lifestyle and different modes of work. [0:07:43.2]
- Using a particular space for a particular project or job. [0:12:15.6]
- Learning your own strengths and weaknesses. [0:14:51.8]
- The life changing magic of tidying up. [0:19:10.5]
- Some of the challenges of a home workspace. [0:22:02.3]
- Distractions, evolving offices and scheduling home work. [0:26:01.1]
- Treating workspaces like productivity systems. [0:31:40.6]
- Choosing where to work by what you are working on today. [0:35:40.5]
- The experience and lessons of working from home. [0:40:28.8]
- Weighing rented offices and co-working spaces. [0:50:15.9]
- The pros and cons of working in public spaces like a cafe. [0:58:21.4]
- The impact that your work and where you do it can have. [1:01:30.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Gusto — http://gusto.com/fizzle
- Bench — https://bench.co/partner/fizzle
- Bird Box — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2737304/
- Office Space — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/
- The Office — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290978/?ref_=nv_sr_2
- A Quiet Place — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/
- Trello — https://trello.com/en
- Asana — https://asana.com/
- Evernote — https://evernote.com/
- Marie Kondo — https://konmari.com/
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up — https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Tidying-Decluttering-Organizing/dp/1607747308
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo — https://www.netflix.com/za/title/80209379
- WeWork — https://www.wework.com/
- Ready Player One — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/
- William Faulkner — https://www.britannica.com/biography/William-Faulkner
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Jordan Peterson — https://jordanbpeterson.com/
- Alan Watts — https://blog.mindvalley.com/alan-watts/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_?lang=en
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.