Time Management, Multitasking, and Recognizing Potential (FS291)
This episode’s all about time management. How do you get the most out of a limited amount of time? How do we decide how many projects to work on? How do we know when we are onto something good?
We take three separate, but thematically linked questions from the Fizzle Forums and attack them head on! These questions are specific to the members that asked them but believe us when we say there is so much juicy, relatable content and info in here for everyone!
In this episode, we really get into this question of how we each define ‘good’ and what this means in terms of business decision and ambitions. We talk about glass ceilings and aiming for the right height so as not to come crashing down.
We also talk about context switching, gaining traction, the point of focus and parkour!
For this and much more be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What can actually be accomplished in 10 hours a week? [0:05:37.2]
- The difference between a public product and an incubation period. [0:10:15.6]
- The frustrations of time limitations and excesses. [0:11:40.3]
- Multitasking and the question of a number of side hustles. [0:18:10.8]
- Reframing this idea for the perspective of the audience and following enjoyment. [0:23:35.3]
- Building a minimal viable audience through a singular focus. [0:29:06.5]
- Recognizing something good and worthwhile in business. [0:32:34.0]
- Defining what you value and aim for with your projects. [0:36:41.3]
- A lesson from parkour and expert navigation of your environment. [0:43:22.9]
- Founder stories and what we can learn from each other. [0:48:11.6]
- Settling in for the long game and learning patience. [0:51:33.6]
- Gauging our own glass ceilings and avoiding being caught off guard. [0:54:35.1]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Bullshit Jobs — https://www.amazon.com/Bullshit-Jobs-Theory-David-Graeber/dp/150114331X
- Palapa — https://palapa.co/
- Brooke Castillo — https://thelifecoachschool.com/
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Pat Flynn — https://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
- Wet Fly Swing Podcast — https://wetflyswing.com/show/
- ESPN — http://kwese.espn.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Try 5 — https://fizzle.co/try5
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.