“It Wasn’t the Most Legit Thing.” How to Recover from an Illegal Business Idea (FS084)
It was a successful business making good money, a few thousand a month. And then, suddenly, poof — the whole business is gone.
This is the allure and the danger of a business ideas that’s “not the most legit thing,” and this is the situation one of our podcast guests today has to deal with.
Our answers to his question and 3 other Fizzle Show listeners on today’s show. Enjoy!
Dara’s Question (7m)
- Which conferences do we recommend attending?
- We take a look at Dara’s site for transgender counseling.
- The importance of photography in websites
- Scott Dinsmore’s new website is a great example of good photography on a website
- Tips To Make The Most of Conferences (FS032) — for more of our tips on conferences.
- Pioneer Nation
- Nearly Impossible Conference
- Small Business Summit
- Innovation Uncensored
- Bacon Biz
- The Instigator Experience
- 99U Conference
- New Media Expo
- Social Media Marketing World
- World Domination Summit
- Tropical Think Tank
- Big Omaha
Rob’s Question (18m)
- What’s your biggest failure and how get back up and find success?
- He “wasn’t doing the most legit thing.” A Google update destroyed his business.
- He’s forced to create something new after working so hard.
- each of us share a failure story and how we pulled out of it.
Dante’s Question (37m)
- How do I get more exposure for my book?
- He self published his own book
- He wants to get himself on shows like the view and get endorsements.
- Barrett recommends Ryan Holiday’s Trust Me, I’m Lying for anyone who wants to write books or get major media exposure.
- See also Barrett’s killer list of articles on book writing.
Amy’s Question (49m)
- How do you get momentum back after you’ve lost it?
- She launched a product for Mellow-Waves.com, had a crisis of confidence the week before launch. Fizzle community helped her launch but she didn’t promote it as much as she originally wanted to.
- How do you keep up momentum after you’ve been working for so long and then everything goes “meh”?
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.