Don’t Make These Web Hosting Mistakes! (FS283)
How much do you know about your site’s web hosting? Has finding the right host been a challenge that you wish you could put to rest? What really is the best hosting platform for you and your business?
Whether you are tech savvy or not, chances are you have had some issues with website hosting during your entrepreneurial life. Almost all businesses require an online presence and thus a homepage for customers to visit, but setting this up has historically been a tricky business.
In this episode we look at some the developments in this field over the last decade or so and speak particularly on our experiences with WordPress and Squarespace. From there, we look at the different hosting options available to WordPress users and talk about the two main lanes that these fall into.
We also talk about domain purchasing and how your host can effect everything related to your website. The last part of the episode is dedicated to to announcing a great web hosting offer that is now available through your Fizzle membership. We are extremely excited about this, so make sure to stay tuned for that!
For all this and more, listen up in and get it all, Fizzlers!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the majority of entrepreneurs and Fizzlers are on WordPress. [0:05:15.7]
- Some of the dangers and horror stories related to web hosting. [0:07:47.6]
- Getting what you pay for with web hosting. [0:12:40.2]
- Chase’s experiences with domain purchasing and managed hosting. [0:14:39.6]
- The effects that your host will have on your and your users’ experience. [0:18:50.8]
- Why managed WordPress hosts offer so much to new users. [0:23:53]
- Some information on Flywheel, and a special offer for Fizzlers. [0:28:12.2]
- Getting the most out of the host! [0:36:21.7]
- The added bonuses of having a built in host within the Fizzle membership. [0:40:15.5]
- Why this conversation is the essential step after your product. [0:43:30.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Squarespace — https://www.squarespace.com/
- WordPress — https://wordpress.com/
- DreamHost — https://www.dreamhost.com/
- BlueHost – https://www.bluehost.com/
- HostGator — https://www.hostgator.com/
- Digital Ocean — https://www.digitalocean.com/
- Liquid Web — https://www.liquidweb.com/
- WP Engine — https://wpengine.com/
- Father Apprentice on Twitter — https://twitter.com/fatherapprentic?lang=en
- BagWorks – http://bagworks.co/
- Flywheel — https://getflywheel.com/
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
- Pingdom Website Speed Test — https://tools.pingdom.com/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.