Working With Partners, Creating Great Copy and Doing Business Earnestly, With Matt Giovanisci
How do we get to work with partners? What are the things we need to think about when we are putting together our sales pages? And how do we talk to customers about new projects, so that we can fill in the gaps in our model?
In this episode, we discuss the tips and tricks to working with partners, managing partner blowouts, getting customer feedback on projects and how to create great copy.
Today on the show we are joined by Matt Giovanisci. Matt is an entrepreneur, website wizard and podcast producer who recently created a new plugin for WordPress called Earnist. Earnist is an affiliate management tool designed to make monetizing your WordPress site easy with beautiful affiliate links.
Matt has a very interesting story as an entrepreneur. He has started numerous companies, been involved in numerous projects and even developed a social network for dogs back in 2007. The man is a mogul, but how did he put his app together as a non-programmer? This is the essence of what we’ll be getting into today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Find out the topics that Matt’s business have focused on. [0:06:21.0]
- Matt shares the beginning stages of his WordPress plugin, Earnist. [0:08:00.0]
- Hear Matt explain what Earnist is, how it works and how you get it. [0:14:00.0]
- The lessons Matt learned from working with a partner for the first time. [0:19:45.0]
- Managing partnership blowouts throughout Matt’s career. [0:26:18.0]
- Discover the secrets to becoming a good copywriter. [0:30:48.0]
- Re-editing blogposts and what it takes to be a good editor. [0:38:50.0]
- Paying attention to good blogs, vlogs and posts. [0:42:28.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- WordPress – https://wordpress.com/
- Get Earnist – https://www.getearnist.com/ (use the code SLOWGINFIZZLE to get a discount!)
- Fresh Books – https://www.freshbooks.com/
- Matt G on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattgiovanisci/
- Matt G on Twitter – https://twitter.com/MattGiovanisci
- Operator Assisted Calls with Vast Conference
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Is your podcast routine stuck in a rut? If so, we’ve got just what you need! Jane Portman from Userlist joins us on the blog today to share her podcasting genius. Keep reading for 8 experiments you can try when your podcasting routine needs spicing
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. Despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of content
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Joe Valley is an Author, Guest Speaker, EXITpreneur, Advisor, and Partner at Quiet Light. He has also built, bought, or sold over half a dozen of his own companies. Over the last nine years, Joe has mentored thousands of entrepreneurs whose goal is to achieve their own eventual exit. He
Tiffany Bisconer is a CPA with over 20 years of accounting and tax experience. Tiffany worked with one of the top certified public accounting firms before becoming director of Acena Consulting. She combines her private industry and public accounting experience to work with CPA firms and directly with business owners
This has been an exciting month for Fizzle! We recently announced a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community.