Working With Partners, Creating Great Copy and Doing Business Earnestly, With Matt Giovanisci
How do we get to work with partners? What are the things we need to think about when we are putting together our sales pages? And how do we talk to customers about new projects, so that we can fill in the gaps in our model?
In this episode, we discuss the tips and tricks to working with partners, managing partner blowouts, getting customer feedback on projects and how to create great copy.
Today on the show we are joined by Matt Giovanisci. Matt is an entrepreneur, website wizard and podcast producer who recently created a new plugin for WordPress called Earnist. Earnist is an affiliate management tool designed to make monetizing your WordPress site easy with beautiful affiliate links.
Matt has a very interesting story as an entrepreneur. He has started numerous companies, been involved in numerous projects and even developed a social network for dogs back in 2007. The man is a mogul, but how did he put his app together as a non-programmer? This is the essence of what we’ll be getting into today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Find out the topics that Matt’s business have focused on. [0:06:21.0]
- Matt shares the beginning stages of his WordPress plugin, Earnist. [0:08:00.0]
- Hear Matt explain what Earnist is, how it works and how you get it. [0:14:00.0]
- The lessons Matt learned from working with a partner for the first time. [0:19:45.0]
- Managing partnership blowouts throughout Matt’s career. [0:26:18.0]
- Discover the secrets to becoming a good copywriter. [0:30:48.0]
- Re-editing blogposts and what it takes to be a good editor. [0:38:50.0]
- Paying attention to good blogs, vlogs and posts. [0:42:28.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- WordPress – https://wordpress.com/
- Get Earnist – https://www.getearnist.com/ (use the code SLOWGINFIZZLE to get a discount!)
- Fresh Books – https://www.freshbooks.com/
- Matt G on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattgiovanisci/
- Matt G on Twitter – https://twitter.com/MattGiovanisci
- Operator Assisted Calls with Vast Conference
I’ve taken a lot of courses and been involved in several paid communities since I started my business, but I’ve never ever felt like anyone CARED as much about seeing my reach my goals as the Fizzle Team. They show up for me as much as I show up for myself. Thank you SO much, you guys!
📓 Articles & Announcements
Today is an exciting day for Fizzle. We’re announcing a complete refresh of Fizzle, including every aspect of our user experience – courses, content, live events and more. Since we first opened Fizzle in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of entrepreneurs and creators with training, coaching and community. Today, this refresh marks
Hands up if you easily create consistent content week after week without fail. My guess? Since you’re reading this article, that’s probably not the case. But despite what you may be thinking – you’re not alone. Lots of
Starting a blog can be a life changing decision. I started blogging on a sabbatical while road-tripping through Mexico one year, and had no idea just how much my life would change as a result. Because I started a blog, I have: Reached millions of people Made friends around the
🎙️ Podcast Episodes
Barrett Brooks is COO at ConvertKit, which is a email marketing software for creators (authors, musicians, chefs, filmmakers, comedians, YouTubers, etc.). In this episode, Barrett goes into depth on how to own the relationship between your audience independently of social media and other platforms. By creating your own website, and
Today we have former Co-Host and Co-Founder of The Fizzle Show, Chase Reeves! We catch up with Chase today as he embarks on his own podcast journey with his new show: “Traveling Light,” where he explores the ideas, lifestyles, and habits of pop creatives, thinkers, and makers
Adii Pienaar is founder of WooCommerce and Conversio, both of which he successfully sold. In his new book Life Profitability, Adii gives us a new perspective for becoming self-aware, recognising your values, and understanding your impact.