Last week we started a conversation about productivity, doing great work and who sets the rules for what’s “productive enough?”
This is the second part of that conversation where we dig into some surprising tactics to help us balance work and life better. Enjoy!
(Here’s a link to the previous episode if you haven’t listened yet.)
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
“ 10 tactics to a better work-life balance… part 2 of a great conversation.”
Caleb mentions a bunch of books in this episode. Here’s a link to each.
- Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety by Charlie Hoehn
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul by Stuart Brown & Christopher Vaughan
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey
- Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind by 99U
- The Accidental Creative: How to Be Brilliant at a Moment’s Notice by Todd Henry
- Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day by Todd Henry
- Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
- Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements by Tom Rath, Ph.D. & James K. Harter
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Corbett’s: The Long Way: Bernard Moitessier by William Rodarmor
- Chase’s: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
Zero Base Calendar by Greg Hickman — “The most important part of this system is the fact that it’s daily. Commit to doing the following exercise daily ( I do it in the morning).”
Storyline Productivity Schedule — “A Free Day Planner That Will Increase Your Productivity.”
Story: Donald Miller on Focus, Finish and living a meaningful story – BTTDL058 — A really great interview with the guy who created the Storyline Productivity Schedule… how he made it, what he read, the most important ideas, etc.
Todd Henry Interview: How to unleash your best creative work every day — This was a great interview about the ideas in Todd Henry’s latest book, Die Empty.
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »