Stage 2 of the small business roadmap is about moving from “how can I possibly do this” to “how could I possibly not do this!?”
We’re talking about connection, which, in layman’s terms, is nothing more than making friends with other entrepreneurs.
Jim Rohn loved to say that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
What do you think would happen to your business if you spent more time with people who were working hard on their own businesses?
In this episode we discuss 7 steps you can take to build connection, complete with a few over the top (and mostly bad) Scottish accents from yours truly. Enjoy!
(If you’re new to the show and you’re not afraid of making business fun you may want to subscribe in itunes so you can get the next episode in your sleep.)
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
“Connection is about moving from “how can I possibly do this” to “how can I possibly not do this!?””
Several of these are Fizzle-specific, but you can extrapolate the idea out to a public forum of some kind.
The real meat of each of these items is in the conversation. The items below are meant as simply a placeholder while you listen to the episode.
- Complete your Fizzle community profile (or LinkedIn profile, etc.).
- Start a progress journal and introduce yourself.
- Like/answer/comment on posts to help other Fizzlers (or Quora, Reddit, etc.).
- Post questions of your own for other Fizzlers to answer.
- Attend a Fizzle Friday, Office Hours or in-person meetup.
- Join a mastermind group with 1-4 other Fizzlers: How a Mastermind Group Will Help You Reach Your Goals.
- Make a list of people you want to meet in your industry: 5 Steps to Land Your Dream Clients: The 10-10-10 Strategy.
— Fizzle (@Fizzle) April 7, 2015
The Roadmap Episodes:
- Clarity (episode 100)
- Connection (101)
- Planning (102)
- Build (103)
- Money (104)
- Scale (105)
- 4 Updates (106)