Why is it that we set goals that fail? Why do we allow our dreams to fizzle out? Could the problem be with the way we are approaching our goals from the get-go?
2018 is here and you have things to do, right? You have dreams to achieve, goals to set and things to accomplish!
But do you know what the difference is between a goal and a New Year’s resolution?
Do you know the difference between “mountain top goals” and “foundational goals”?
Do you know why your goals are so prone to fizzle out?
THAT’S what I want to talk to you about today: how to set goals that will actually work because most of us think about goals in the WRONG way.
In this episode, we are essentially talking about how you get your sh*t done! It’s the beginning of the year and everyone is talking about New Year resolutions. New Year’s resolutions are usually things you just fizzle out of, so today we are talking about why we let them fizzle out and how to set achievable business and personal goals (rather than resolutions) moving forward into the new year.
Listen to this conversation because you are going to get some remarkable insights from it! It’s a deep dive into why we think so poorly about goal setting, and how to fix it.
“3 Big Reasons Why The Goals We Set Don’t Stick”
Key Points From This Episode:
- The difference between dreams, desires and goals. [0:05:00.0]
- Tackling mountain top goals versus foundational goals. [0:08:10.0]
- The problem with achievement culture and moving goal posts. [0:13:20.0]
- Is being a go-getter an innate quality or one which you can learn? [0:17:15.0]
- Is setting goals really done for the enjoyment of the achievement? [0:17:00.0]
- The biggest reason people burn out on their goals and give up. [0:22:00.0]
- Learn the three biggest challenges people face with goal setting. [0:25:14.0]
- Why reaching your goal is not always the pinnacle of success. [0:32:10.0]
- The value of setting actionable foundational goals from the inside out. [0:34:44.0]
- Figuring out which goals you should be setting out to accomplish. [0:37:20.0]
- The five-step process to setting holistic goals for every aspect of life. [0:41:19.0]
- Learn Steph’s favorite step of the goal setting process. [0:46:40.0]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- The Fizzle Goals Training Guide
- Courage and Clarity
- ConvertKit Free Trial
- Screen Sharing with Vast Conference
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »