Stage 4, the Build stage, is a big one. As Corbett puts it: “this stage is a monster and a lot of people get stuck here.” In this episode we talk you through each step so you can rise up when others start to sink.
There’s a lot of fun stuff here — naming, website building, social media accounts. That stuff is exciting even when it gets challenging.
But built into the 9 steps of Build is also some difficult tasks that won’t happen over night.
Listen to this episode to get into the mindset of the big picture, avoiding the hamster wheel of building an audience forever without ever finding a way to earn a living with that audience. Enjoy!
(If you’re not already, subscribe in itunes so you can get the next episode in your sleep.)
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
“9 steps: avoid the hamster wheel of constant work without revenue”
The real meat of each of these items is in the conversation. The items below are meant as simply a placeholder while you listen to the episode.
- Create an operating system: Entrepreneurs: Why You Need Both a Personal Workflow and a Company Operating System.
- Set goals and update your progress log (accountability loop).
- Find a business partner (optional).
- Name your company. Great tips from Corbett on this one around 20m in. More info: How to Pick the Right Domain Name (+ 11 Domain Name Tools, FS090).
- Setup your business (legal and finance): Small Business Accounting: Where Do I Put the Money? (FS009)
- Setup social media profiles.
- Setup your email list.
- Build your website. (There’s a great course in Fizzle on the essential of great site design for NON designers.)
- Grow a minimum viable audience. (This one and the next require some explanation.)
- Build a minimum viable product. What’s the smallest thing you could put out there to test interest in your idea? More info: How to Deconstruct A Truly Minimum Viable Product.
The Roadmap Episodes:
- Clarity (episode 100)
- Connection (101)
- Planning (102)
- Build (103)
- Money (104)
- Scale (105)
- 4 Updates (106)