Throughout the month of February we’ve brought you through some big questions about money. In this episode, it’s your turn to ask the questions.
We answer four questions from listeners and dive into things like:
- keeping up steady sales AFTER you’ve launched your product,
- the risks of partnerships and bank accounts,
- the difference between a “business” and “passive income project,”
- the heart-wrenching sound of an 18 year old reaching higher (and our best advice for being young and entrepreneurial)
- BONUS: some killer stories about caleb in college.
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
“4 listener questions about money and online business answered by some weird—but cool—guys.”
Image via USNA
Money Matters in February
In case you missed it, this month has been a killer month on the podcast and The Sparkline. Here’s what we’ve covered.
The Fizzle Show
- How You Feel About Money Impacts Your Earnings (FZ040)
- Setting Prices, Raising Rates & Getting Paid What You’re Worth (FS041)
- Small Business Smart Spending – 5 Categories Explained (FS042)
- Money Matters. And It Doesn’t — excellent post about money mentalities from the inimitable Josh Shipp.
- How to Build a Sustainable Coaching Business (And Double Your Rates in the Process) — Fizzler Barrett Brooks breaks down his process in detail.
- Selling Bubble Gum For A Living — Brennan Dunn blows our mind with the concept of “Digital Courtship.”
- The Reason Your Business Idea Won’t Work (+ 12 page guide) — I got pissed and wrote this.
- Heavy-Ass Weights — Corbett got pissed and wrote this.
- There Is No That — Myke Coyle pulls back the curtain on the magical world of the artist (hint: it doesn’t exist)
- Gumroad Quick Start Guide — Get started selling online quick and easy with Gumroad. Here’s how.
Simple Mindfulness: Simple Steps to a Happier Life — This is Paige’s site. She asks the first question in the show. Thanks, Paige!
Simplicity – Joel on Software — “I can tell you that nothing we have ever done at Fog Creek has increased our revenue more than releasing a new version with more features.”
Evernote Essentials, The Definitive Getting-Started Guide for Evernote — Brett is now on v.4 of this book. A great example in response to Paige’s question.
SEO Test Tool – run a test of your page now — Thanks, Tom for your question!
About microdata – Webmaster Tools Help — This was the stuff I was talking about learning during Tom’s question.
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »