Are you looking to supplement your business’ income as a virtual assistant? Do you want to find something that is going to benefit you in more ways than just financially? How can you align yourself with the right type of people for these goals?
There are many ways to make your way through the entrepreneurial world and every person out there can find a unique and successful way for themselves. One of the dynamics that we all have to navigate, however, is balancing money, time, and skills acquisition and that is essentially what this episode is all about.
In this discussion we look at how you can go about creating mutual benefit as a virtual assistant, adding value, learning, earning and networking. We talk about seizing opportunities, where to look for them and pegging all of this on a minimum viable income.
Today on the show we are joined by Aiden Fishbein who runs Vitals Agency and is a long time member of our Fizzle Community. Aiden will be sharing his ideas and experience on the topic of hiring within a community and the benefits of apprenticeship type positions.
We also talk about the classic apprenticeship model, trial runs and the lessons the panel have learned themselves in these realms.
For all this great stuff and more, tune in!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Key Points From This Episode:
- Finding a supplement income to your business through virtual assistance. [0:03:28.4]
- How we have hired in the apprenticeship model at Fizzle. [0:07:39.8]
- Mutually beneficial relationships and how Aiden facilitates these at Vitals Agency . [0:12:12.2]
- Minimum viable income and adjusting your goals. [0:15:43.5]
- Aiden’s own experiences freelancing and assisting. [0:23:12.1]
- Steph’s great experience finding her own virtual assistant. [0:26:07.7]
- The hiring process, how painful it can be and how to circumvent this. [0:31:40.3]
- Approaching ‘peers-plus’ for opportunities and creating mutual benefit. [0:36:28.2]
- Starting the conversation around hiring and staging a trial run. [0:41:37.7]
- Hiring internally from your community versus outside of your world. [0:45:20.5]
- Looking in a community in which you are a member to find someone like-minded. [0:50:01.8]
- The power of apprenticeship and expanding your zone of genius. [0:52:34.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Discover.bot — https://discover.bot/fizzle/
- A beginner’s guide to bots — https://discover.bot/bot-talk/beginners-guide-bots/
- Gusto — https://gusto.com/fizzle
- Vitals Agency — https://vitals.agency/
- Aiden Fishbein — https://www.linkedin.com/in/aiden-fishbein-05156830
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- Meet Edgar — https://meetedgar.com/
- Laura Roeder — https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauraroeder
- Marie Forleo — https://www.marieforleo.com/
- Hulu — https://www.hulu.com
- How to Afford an Entrepreneurial Lifestyle — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/minimum-viable-income
- Ramen Profitable — http://www.paulgraham.com/ramenprofitable.html
- Huffington Post — https://www.huffingtonpost.com
- Google Assistant
- Alexa — https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-And-Alexa-Devices/b?ie=UTF8&node=9818047011
- Siri — https://www.apple.com/siri/
- Amy Porterfield — https://www.amyporterfield.com/
- Caleb Wojcik — http://www.calebwojcik.com/
- Steph Crowder on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stephcrowder_
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Fizzle Sparkline — https://fizzle.co/sparkline
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting