Are you always busy? Are you worried about how effective all this work is? Are you addicted to busyness and need help?
We are here to help you separate the needless hustle from the essential work. It is not always about working smarter than harder, but it is vitally important that you stop chasing your tail and working up a sweat while not making enough progress.
In this episode we talk about to do lists, goal setting, productivity and all the common grounds for growth measurement. A large part of the conversation is spent drawing out the intricacies of these relationships and how you can find your perfect balance of needs, ambitions and obligations to set your ideal goals.
We also talk about affirmation, journalling, reducing attachment and much more so be sure to tune in a get it all in this massive episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Choosing the right things from your to do list. [0:04:01.2]
- Effectiveness often includes busyness. [0:05:32.1]
- Reasons why we have methods and practices around productivity. [0:07:02.4]
- Winging it, freedom and the converse of over-organized systems. [0:09:57.2]
- Over-dedication to the to do list and a lack of perspective. [0:13:17.2]
- The Four Tendencies and using your own disposition to your advantage. [0:17:29.8]
- Learning to look out for yourself as an entrepreneur. [0:22:19.5]
- Prioritizing and managing your to do list according to growth and intuition. [0:25:11.3]
- How Chase manages his tendency to wing his way through work. [0:29:50.4]
- Relating your spiritual, emotional and professional goals. [0:39:01.2]
- The usefulness of journalling and affirmation in maintaining real goals. [0:42:57.1]
- Rolling with things as they come, all the way to a platform. [0:49:04.7]
- Exploring growth through the tension between our dreams and obligations. [0:53:24.9]
- Reducing damaging attachment to results. [0:56:02.2]
- Where to start when getting going on your goals. [1:02:32.7]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Sezzle — https://sezzle.com/fizzle
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Energizer Planning Method Episode — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/energizer-planning-method-get-year-back-track-fs215
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- 15 Minute Weekly Planner —https://www.courageandclarity.com/plan/
- Fleet Feet — https://www.fleetfeet.com/
- Gretchen Rubin — https://gretchenrubin.com/
- The Four Tendencies — https://gretchenrubin.com/books/the-four-tendencies/intro/
- Mister Miyagi — http://thekaratekid.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Miyagi
- Gary Vaynerchuk — https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- Casey Neistat — https://www.caseyneistat.com/
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »