The FizzleCo team is once again growing! At Fizzle we’re focused on creating the best training for independent business builders on the web, and this is a great opportunity for the right person to join a very special little company.
Update (4/12/16): this position has been filled. We’ll be announcing our new team member very soon. Thank you to everyone who showed interest or applied.
Your responsibility on the team will be member success and satisfaction. This is an intensely customer-focused role. You’ll be interacting with Fizzle members every day to provide the support they need to get the most benefit possible from Fizzle. This role is a part-time, 4 month contract position with opportunity to evolve into a permanent part-time position for the right fit.
You may recall that we posted a similar position last year. Steph Crowder is still the Director of Member Success around here, but as many of you know she’s having a baby this summer and will be taking some time off. Steph will train and assist you as our newest team member, and this new position will report to her.
You might be a great fit if:
- You’re excited about providing the kind of incredible customer support that our members can’t stop talking about. You thrive on ending each interaction with both you and the customer smiling, even when the customer is tough to handle or frustrated to begin with.
- You’re organized, process-oriented and quick. The perfect person for this role is on the ball and up for the task of maintaining some of the most essential parts of our business.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work closely with a team of seasoned entrepreneurs.
- You’re a team player who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and help with tasks that may fall outside the scope of your “job description”.
- You’d like to be part of a special company with a very flexible, fun and supportive working environment.
This position goes way beyond just answering support requests. It’s a big part of our most important company-wide goal: to make sure our customers are building successful online businesses and projects they’re truly proud of.
We don’t expect you to teach our members about entrepreneurship. You’ll be more of a concierge and facilitator.
You’ll become intimately familiar with Fizzle resources so you can onboard and guide our members through all Fizzle has to offer.
Here are some of the kinds of things you’ll do every week:
- Respond to between 40 and 75 customer support emails per day.
- Be the team’s eyes and ears within the Fizzle community, acting as the liaison who tags the Fizzle team to weigh in on conversations when needed.
- Curate the most interesting and useful conversations and customer success stories for our weekly community newsletter weekly, This Week in Fizzle.
- Maintain the Fizzle calendar, including coordinating and scheduling our weekly Fizzle Friday group coaching sessions and our monthly Office Hours webinars.
- Serve as the point person for locally organized Fizzle meetups around the world.
To be successful in this role, you need to love talking with fizzlers, primarily through writing. You have to be a great writer and communicator, with clear, concise, and friendly answers. And you have to be quick. You’ll pride yourself on responding to people so quickly that they’re floored and appreciative.
If you want to join Corbett, Chase, Barrett and Steph as an important and early member of the FizzleCo family, please apply.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining:
- Why you want to work as a member success specialist.
- Why you want to work for Fizzle, and not somewhere else.
- A description of a customer support experience you had recently that really stood out.
Then, please answer 2 of the following questions, just like you would if you had this position:
- I’m thinking about joining Fizzle, but I want to make sure there isn’t a contract or ongoing obligation. If I join today, can I cancel anytime?
- If I join Fizzle, are there any opportunities to talk with the team directly? I have some questions I’d like to ask about my situation.
- Why did you choose the name Fizzle? Don’t you know that it means “to fail weakly”?
- I’ve been reading your blog and listening to your podcast every week. I finally got my website launched, and I’d love you to take a look. Here’s the site: http://myawesomesite.com Let me know what you think!
Getting to Know Each Other
This is a small team and everyone on the team has to wear a lot of hats. To make sure Fizzle is the right fit for you, and vice-versa, this role will start out as a short-term position and grow from there if we’re both smitten.
Compensation is dependent on experience. Please include your requirements with the application. We prefer someone based in the United States for this role (or similar time zone), but we’re also open to hiring the best person for this job, no matter where they live.
Email everything to email@example.com and include “Member Success” in the subject line. If you attach a resume, please send it as a PDF file. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
One last important thing. We’re not looking for someone to grow into another role at FizzleCo. This is a job for someone who is dedicated to customer support and success.
We look forward to hearing from you!