How do successful businesses capitalize on their contacts? Do you want to resonate with each individual in your audience? What is the best way to communicate with your mailing list?
All of these questions pertain to the same issue, running a profitable online business in the contemporary climate. Achieving this might sometimes seem like a mountain but we are here to show you that the mountain is not unscalable and that mountain climbing can be fun!
In this episode we break down the fundamentals of digital communication and connection with an audience as individuals. We get into some examples of emails and promotions and which methods work in certain situations. The discussion also takes time to unpack the idea of offering a transformation to a potential customer as the basis of selling.
We also talk about welcome sequences, bridging emails, the know-like-trust principle and setting aside perfectionism and getting started. All of these ideas are pretty vital to being able to stay afloat as a digital entrepreneur. So for all this and many more inspiring ideas, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Individualizing the way you communicate with a group. [0:10:02.5]
- How Aubrey Marcus wrote a sales email that connects with the reader. [0:14:50.2]
- Why take email seriously? [0:21:37.7]
- The moment that someone subscribes to your email list [0:29:12.3]
- Remembering the two basic lessons of email marketing. [0:36:35.2]
- Bridge emails instead of the usual welcome sequence. [0:40:20.8]
- How to communicate and facilitate a transformation. [0:43:40.7]
- The progression of connection and education with your audience. [0:54:56.4]
- Leaving alone the perfectionist inclinations and getting started. [0:57:44.3]
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Fizzle — https://fizzle.co/
- Joe Rogan — https://www.joerogan.com/
- Tony Robbins — https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
- Aubrey Marcus — https://www.aubreymarcus.com/
- Onnit — https://www.onnit.com/
- Fizzle Essentials of Web Design Course — https://fizzle.co/library/essentials-of-website-design-for-business-builders
- Fizzle Website Tune Up Curse — https://fizzle.co/courses/tuneup
- Fizzle Roadmap — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/small-business-roadmap-1-clarity
- Tim Ferriss — https://tim.blog/
- Courage and Clarity — https://www.courageandclarity.com/
- 15 Minute Planner Method — https://www.courageandclarity.com/plan/
- Squarespace — https://www.squarespace.com/
- MailChimp — https://mailchimp.com/
- Drip — https://www.drip.com/
- ConvertKit — https://convertkit.com/
- Al Gore — https://www.biography.com/people/al-gore-9316028
- Steve Jobs — https://allaboutstevejobs.com/
- Corbett Barr on Twitter — https://twitter.com/CorbettBarr
- Chase Reeves on Twitter — https://twitter.com/chase_reeves
- Start A Blog That Matters Course — https://fizzle.co/start-a-blog-that-matters
- Fizzle 80/20 Copywriting Guide — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/writing-copy-for-web
- Fizzle Toolkit — https://fizzle.co/toolkit
- Fizzle Goals Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/goals
- Fizzle Journaling Course — https://fizzle.co/courses/journal
- Fizzle Craft + Commerce — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/craft-commerce
- Fizzle Project Management for Entrepreneurs — https://fizzle.co/sparkline/project-management-for-entrepreneurs
- Fizzle Try 5 — http://fizzle.co/try5
Fizzle Hosting — https://fizzle.co/hosting
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »