“Has my topic been done already and done so well that my take on it isn’t really necessary?”
Marissa has a specific idea for her business. It’s a good idea.
But other people have already started businesses doing something similar.
- Should she move on to another area of interest?
- Are there ways she can make her idea more unique?
- Should she move forward regardless?
- How can she tell if it’s something worth pursuing or not?
Chances are you feel the same way about your business idea. You’re not alone, and we’ve got experience and insight for you in the podcast today.
It’s better to listen on the go! Subscribe on iTunes
““Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” – Jon Acuff”
Podcast episodes mentioned:
- Blogging is Dead Again (FS146)
- “When I started my first business I lost my wife, and it was worth it.” (FS145)
- 5 Reasons Why I Quit my Business to Pursue my Dream Job (FS144)
- How to Create Your own Definition of Success (FS140)
The Top 10 Mistakes in Online Business
Every week we talk with entrepreneurs. We talk about what’s working and what isn’t. We talk about successes and failures. We spend time with complete newbies, seasoned veterans, and everything in between.
One topic that comes up over and over again with both groups is mistakes made in starting businesses. Newbies love to learn about mistakes so they can avoid them. Veterans love to talk about what they wish they had known when starting out.
These conversations have been fascinating, so we compiled a list of the 10 mistakes we hear most often into a nifty lil' guide. Get the 10 Most Common Mistakes in Starting an Online Business here »